H-Clamp thread lock?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Bass Catcher, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Hello -

My H-Clamp is continuing to loosen and fall down while I'm playing. I try to tighten it, but it still does it sometimes. I seem to remember a thread a long while back discussing something you put on the threads to keep it from slipping. What is this and where can I get it?

Matt

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I used This on mine, and it never moved again. be sure to to get the kind that says you can remove it with handtools in case your mic mount strips or something like that. Lowes and Home Depot both carry various strengths.

3. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I just put a couple drops of household superglue on mine and it has worked like a charm. It doesn't chemically bond metal so it is easy to break the bond if necessary.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 20, 2021