1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hagstrom Concord Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Repo man, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Repo man

Repo man

Aug 29, 2011
    Hi. I recently bought a 67 hagstrom concord bass an I'm having trouble finding a hard case that it will fitdue to the longer fender style headstock. I recently tried a hard case for a 90s reissue epiphone rivoli bass but it was a fraction too short. Just wondering I'd anyone knows if the jack Cassidy case might be any longer in length. If not if anyone has any experience with these hagstrom bass's and might know a case that will work. Heading off on tour next month and affraid to travel with it in a gigbag.

2. 2400

Sep 4, 2009
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I own one, but do not use a case. I do believe that the Jack is longer, I think it's 34" and the Hagström only 30".

3. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Maybe you can find an Ibanez AGB140 case; those are 34" scale Rivoli-shaped basses.

4. Repo man

Repo man

Aug 29, 2011
    Great thanks for your help. I never noticed the Cassidy was long scale, that should do th job. Thanks.

5. Fly Guitars

Fly Guitars

Dec 29, 2008
    Did you try it in a Jack Casady case? I'm looking for a hard case for my Hagstrom Concord too (you can see mine here)

6. Where are you guys finding these Concords? I've been looking for a red one like this for years.

7. Fly Guitars

Fly Guitars

Dec 29, 2008
    mine was from ebay a few years back - there was the deluxe version (gold hardware, block neck markers) on ebay just a few weeks back that didn't sell IIRC

8. 2400

Sep 4, 2009
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I was given mine, as a gift from my father's co-worker. He didn't play it anymore, and it needed a good home.

9. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    I found my honeyburst late '67 early '68 in a little pawn shop in the little town of Mooreville, NC about 10-12 years ago, complete with the original case. Very nice. :cool:

10. reelbigspikey

reelbigspikey Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2014
    St. Louis, MO
    I own a Hagstrom Concorde Deluxe and it fits perfectly in a Epi Jack Casady case. Like a glove.

11. chode

chode

Saturday
    little late to this thread, but recently got a hagstrom concord bass. i was able to buy a Washburn case, brown fake alligator texture, fuzzy pink on inside. not sure what it’s built for but the hagstrom fits well in this case.