1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke 3500 D.I.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stevoo01, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys the D.I. on my HA3500 head quit working the other day amp is about 1.5 yrs old. Any thing I should look at or check? Thanks for any help!

2. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I think this may be an inherent design defect in that model.

I had the exact same thing happen on my early 90s 3500 (the "Transient Attack" model, i.e., the previous generation to the HA3500). Actually it happened 4 or 5 times... or maybe 6 or 7. Anyway it was the reason I retired the head even though I loved every thing else about it.

What I'm saying is, feel free to take it in and have it fixed but once mine started crapping out it was never reliable again.

3. I love this head, I can always mike the cab though, just thought maybe there was a quick fix for the issue. I'd send it in for repair but I don't know the turn around to Hartke. Between gigging regularly and no amp tech's in the area, and not having another head, I guess I'll just mike it though it would be nice to be able to use the D.I. Oh well.