hartke VS behringer stacks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dobbo, Aug 21, 2004.

1. hartke 2000 with 410TP

9 vote(s)
  2. behringer bx3000t with BA410

5 vote(s)
  3. bahringer bx30001 with hartke 410TP

2 vote(s)
  4. hartke 2000 with behringer BA410

3 vote(s)
  1. dobbo

May 19, 2004
    hey everyone. i would like to get some peoples opinion on these stacks i am thinking of buying. Hear are the options i have thought about so far. The hartke 2000 with the hartke 410TP (transporter). The behringer bx3000t with the BA410 (this is the ultrabass serious which i dont think is out yet but i have read alot about them). Or bx3000t with 410TP. Or hartke 2000 with ba410.

so what do you think about these combinations. I went around looking today at amps and the hartke combination is good but i am afraid that it will not be loud anough. and also that it will not give me the low end that i might want. but on the other end of the scale is that are the behringer products as good as quality. they might have more wats but are they as efficient as the hartke products.

thanks for taking your time and reading my post and please reply back telling me which you think is better value for money.
  2. Im not a very big fan of hartke, especially the transporter series, so i would go behringer.
    You should check out some other cab options... such as Avatar, good solid cabs for the same price. the behringer bx3000t sounds pretty good on the avatar b410 or b212, so keep your options open
  3. dobbo

May 19, 2004
    i probably would have got an avatar cab but unfortunately i do not live in the states so i cant get them.
  4. I reccomend(spelling is off this morning) a hartke 3500 used off ebay with a behringer 410
  5. Im interested in this as at the moment I am looking at getting a Hartke HA3500 and 4x10XL cabinet, but I may try the behringers if they come out in time.

6. josh_m

May 5, 2004
    Davie, Fl
    I am not a fan of Hartke cabs, but I must say the 3500 is plenty loud and has served me well since I got it.
  7. ThatOneGuy

Jan 2, 2004
    My local store told me they'd be avalible in september but, that could just be the states.

Something I'd like to point out is that the Behringer 410 is 4ohms while the Hartke is 8ohms (If I'm not mistaken) So with either head you'd get the full power but no room to expand(Behringer) or get about half the power but be able to add another cab later(Hartke)
  8. appler

appler Guest

My vote goes to a Hartke 3500 head and Hartke 410XL cabinet. I played through that rig on a gig once and the volume and tone were solid for the price.

9. I think you'll be happier with your first inclination.
  10. rotorheadcase

Apr 20, 2004
    I've had a Hartke 3500 and 4x10 XL cab for about 3 months now and really love the variations in tone I can get.

Great value for the money and really LOUD!! I'm looking to add a 1x15 to the stack.
  11. theodor

Aug 19, 2004
    all ive known with behringer is really unreliable and breaks easily although is good stuff just is badly made. i havent tried hartke but zoom stuff which is also made by samson has never been unreliable.
  12. im really excited about the behringer cabs, hopefully ill be investing in a behringer 15" and 2x10" with a power amp so i can use my peavey head as a preamp...but im really impressed with the power handling of the behringer, 500w on the 15" and 600w into the 210
  13. well i gotta tell ya, ive had my behringer thunderbird for almost 3 years getting close to 5 hours use almost 7 days a week for that time and ive had no problem except for 1 spark from the switch which once replaced ive never had a problem with, but my zoom 506, dropped it once and now the case is cracked....i think behringer get dissed all to easily, it depends on the use and the person using it, obviously nothing today is made to the standards that what they were used to, but i think behringer stuff is great, and a good price, especially here in australia where all the upper class stuff like SWR, ASHDOWN and AMPEG are all horribly marked up
  14. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I've had a Hartke 3500 and matching 4x10 XL cabinet for over a decade. It's served me well with little fuss (the head's never had a problem, but the cab had a weird resonating buzz at one point (since fixed)), but I'm a little tired of its sound. Never have a problem being heard with it though, that's for sure.
  15. dobbo

May 19, 2004
    will the hartke ha2000 be loud enough? i will be running it through the hartke 410tp as well so it will run at 120w at 8 ohms. the hartke ha3500 and 410xl are a bit out of my price range as well. seeing as this is going to be my first giging amp.
  16. Not really, my 3500 at 240w has a little trouble cutting through without clipping at practise. Depends what your other bandmates are using I guess.

And yes, Australia gets ripped off when it comes to high end gear :(
  17. Samie

Dec 13, 2000
    Madrid, Spain
    I am wondering what the sound difference between the paper and alum cones on the behringers. I wonder why they came up with 2 differente types of cones at the same time.

I am hoping to get a BA115 which is a 15" with a tweeter and alum cone. I dont really like 15" but I imagine that an alum cone will sound thighter.

Dont know... When will they be out to test¿?
  18. Depends when your local music store has them in stock I would think.
  19. all ive heard is 3rd quarter 2004
  20. I dont suggest using Behringer, I hear from lots of people that they break easily, and Hartke's tone is MUCH better in my opinion.