1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hello from southern Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by RyPow, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Hi everybody! I'm Ryan.

After some early piano lessons and clarinet, I started on the double bass in 2001 at the age of 14, playing in the jazz and concert bands in high school. About a year later, the music teacher threw an old Fender Musicmaster at me and I began my bass guitar adventure.

My bass playing experience has been largely improvisational and playing "by ear." I did read sheet music in high school ('01-05) but it's been a while. My passions are funk, rock and some newer indie/electro. I've had limited gigging experience but that will be changing this year.

Up until very recently, my Godin Freeway 4 was my one and only instrument. I threw EMG actives (PJ) into it about 8 years ago, which helped prolong my satisfaction with it. My new pride and joy is an American Deluxe P-bass - yes, I'm hooked on the PJ arrangement and the Deluxe is in a whole other league compared to my trusty Godin. The active/passive ability alone is awesome, let alone the vastly improved tone.

I ran a little Fender Rumble 100 combo in my early days (got it at the same time as the Godin), until picking up an SVT-CL and SVT-410HE 10 years ago. They continue to serve me well and hopefully will for many years to come. I have a hankering for an SVT-15E to partner with the 410 and help with the warm and fuzzy old-school sound I often use.

Glad to make your online acquaintance!

SamJ likes this.
  2. Welcome.

3. SamJ

SamJ Founder - Fender MIA Club

Apr 22, 2006
    PDX / SFO / HNL