1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help finding a gold 3-point Thunderbird bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by metalandjazzman, May 4, 2010.

1. metalandjazzman

metalandjazzman

Oct 22, 2008
    Hey i am going to keep this brief. I am going to customize my Epiphone Thunderbird four and trying to find a 3-point bride thats gold. Can anybody help me?

2. fu22ba55

fu22ba55 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2009
    +1

While the hipshot doesn't have the "vintage look" of those awful gibson bridges, it will give your bass a whole new set of balls. If you're building a museum piece, you'll want to find a gold gibson bridge (if they exist)... but if you need to play the bass at all, go with the hipshot. Night and day difference, especailly in the E string.

3. metalandjazzman

metalandjazzman

Oct 22, 2008
    Yeah i still don't know how i am going to cover those holes left from the bridge pegs of the 3-point bridge.

4. Hi.

I'm not 100% sure since I haven't done any 3-point swaps but AFAIK, the Hipshot bridge uses the same mounting holes as the Gibson/Epi bridge does.

Regards
    Sam

5. metalandjazzman

metalandjazzman

Oct 22, 2008
    Is it really a good bridge for players who play there strings tight?