1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Help needed

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by joeloftis, Sep 1, 2008.

1. joeloftis

joeloftis

Sep 1, 2008
    I am looking for something to play on the bass that will sound good by it self see the problem is that i have no one to play with and every thing i know how to play dose not sound good with just the bass or you cant even tell what it is and i have am tired of trying to play along to CD's when my friends want me to play for them can some one please help all so i have only been playing for two years so it cant be to hard

2. fetfet

fetfet

Apr 13, 2008
    Toronto, ON
    A lot of bass intros sound phenom played solo.

For example, my favourite, Sweet Child O' Mine.

Code:
    Gb|--11--11-12-14-16-14-12-11-----12---10-9---10-9--------12---12-11--12-11
    Db|12--12----------------------12-10--10-----10-----10-5\12---12------12-----12
    Ab|
    Eb|

3. christmetal

christmetal

Aug 21, 2008
    learn something from cliff burton
    Orion
    anesthesia

or Geddy Lee
    Tom sawyer
    freewill
    yyz
    something like that

4. I learned most of the Ocean13 film score for that very reason, it's full of good soulful riff that sound good by themselves (or even better with a drum machine)and a good starting point for improvising upon.

No tab, sorry, I figured them out by ears and memorized them, but they aren't difficult to figure out since the bass is loud and clear on the recordings.

[edit] What do you know, there's a few on youtube:

[/edit]

5. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

The Ocean's 13 soundtrack is very cool. But a lot of the basslines sound very familiar -- like from other songs. I know I've heard "Benedict's Return" somewhere else, but for the life of me I can't remember what song it's from.

BTW, this is not a criticism of the soundtrack, just an observation.

6. Well, they are simple riff based on the blues scales for the most part, and follow the standard I-IV-V progression, so there's a good chance they will sound similar to other stuff made before or after. I just thought they matched what the OP was asking for pretty well.

7. joeloftis

joeloftis

Sep 1, 2008
    thanx guys that helped a lot

8. joeloftis

joeloftis

Sep 1, 2008
    thank you guys