Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Help?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by supernaut_1, Jan 15, 2006.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    alright, so i've decided to ditch Sound Studio and just record with GarageBand. i'm having a problem though...

first of all, here's how i record:

bass > Digitech BP200 > Behringer amp > Avatar cab

from there, i run a cable from the "Line-Out" jack on the Behringer, then, with a 1/4"-1/8" converter, i plug it into my computer.

so, my problem is that once i record, the result is baredly audible. am i doing something wrong? should i use some sort of console or mixer to plug it into my computer? i don't really understand what's going on...

2. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Hey, I'm not sure this will be much better, but I bought a xlr out to 1/8 in cord at the GC and it gave me a more saturated sound than i was getting with the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter.....I also go straight from the line out to the line in on my PC. I'm still a noob at recording as well but i was using pretty much the same gear as you are except i'm using a hartke amp with a balanced line out. I hope this helps.
    Peace

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I don't know how it works on Macs, but in Windows there is a general Volume Control panel where you can adjust certain volumes including the Line In level. You might have to do some tweaking there.

4. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    Yay! I get to do a volume level walkthrough!

First, double click your volume icon in the bottom right. That will bring up the "Volume Control" mixer. This only affects what comes through your computer speakers, though.

Click "options" then "properties". Now hit "recording" and OK.

NOW you have the "Recording Control" mixer for recording. Here you can raise or lower levels to your heart's content, as well as select sources to record from.

Enjoy!

5. Dkerwood

Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Midwest
    D'oh... you're using a Mac. I read SD's post backwards... whoops!

6. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    well, thanks for trying to help anyways.:p