Hi from Jeff Berlin

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by JeffBerlin, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    Didnt participate, but read thru most of it. Thanks.

2. Jeff,

Had the priviledge of seeing you with Vox Humana in 1982 or 83. You were at the University of Oregon, playing in a buidling that lost power TWICE in one night. The first time, your drummer kept playing, and a minute later you handed out drumsticks to the rest of the band. The only time I have ever seen 4 people play a kit at the same time!.

THEN, you opened the room to questions and answers. The most professional and graceful response I have ever witnessed to adversity during a performance. I learned alot that night.

You still getting 90% guys at your gigs?;););)

And a very humble THANK YOU for stopping by!

Goy77 and seang15 like this.
  3. metalbass777

metalbass777

Sep 3, 2006
    :D

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    please do not change the text color for your posts. there are talkbass configurations that use a blue background, and using blue text is very difficult to read.

5. Jeff, thanks so much for sharing with us.

6. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    I'd like to say thank you again for your time here.

7. Didn't know that. Thanks!

8. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Thanks, Jeff.

9. JeffBerlin

JeffBerlin Guest

Jan 10, 2009
    Here is my last comment of the day.

I came here wondering why it was that some on Talkbass were so furious with me. I made myself available to discuss their anger issues. I am guessing that these people didn't know about ouir gathering here today because all I saw today were decent, musically interested players who wanted to know a few insights to becoming better players.

I say things straight and clear because I trust that grown-ups can read it and either accept, or disregard it. "If you defend yourself in court, you have a fool for a client" so the saying goes. I say this to the community of bass players who take on the responsibility for their own education which many people are not qualified to do. I hope that these guys get my message because we need more good players out there, and to become one, you have to up the learning ante a little bit. Musical honestly is a tough thing to embrace because it exposes the truth about ones' musical capabilities and few people want to really know what that truth is.

Music will change you. Remember that Helen Keller had her entire universe opened up by the understanding of one single word! Without this one word, she would have remained in the dark, as so many players are in right now. This is why I write what I write, and why I appreciated so very much all the people here today and their gentlemanly way to discuss musical points with me, even points like these here

I hope that these words will move you toward something meaningful in your musical lives.

Ciao,

Jeff

basscapes, Goy77, gebass6 and 3 others like this.
  10. pringlw

pringlw

Nov 22, 2008
    Seattle Area
    What a great event this was. A very special treat on TB. I hope its possible to capture Jeff's various comments in a sticky on the site.

David Jayne likes this.
  11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i'm going to close this now to keep it from getting cluttered.

jeff, if you'd like to reopen this in the future, please get in touch with me or one of the mods via private message, or through the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page. also, feel free to start a new thread, if you like, and thanks for participating here today. :)

Goy77 and David Jayne like this.
  12. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm...

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  13. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  14. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm...

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.