1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hipshots on L-2500T?

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Mike H, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Mike H

Mike H Senior bassist Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Have any of you tried Hipshot tuners on your L-2500 trib?
    Specifically, the HB1? I understand that this is the model
    for G&L, but what about tribs?

Also, do think that it'd be overkill to use a BT1 for the 5th
    string to drop the B to an A? :cool:

2. Mike H

Mike H Senior bassist Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2006
    Come on, guys -- don't everybody answer at once! Think of the bandwidth load ... :meh:

3. colonel2jays

colonel2jays

Oct 4, 2006
    Hey dude, sorry I can't actually answer your question but I was actually wondering if the Hipshot D-tuner works on the E string of an L2500 without fouling the B string tuner.

Any ideas?

4. Jimtoonz

Jimtoonz Gold Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Do you have a lot of need for A0? At 27.5 cycles, it's not all that musical played on anything.

5. Funk49

Funk49

Oct 31, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    I agree with Jimtones. Those strings are just flapping in the wind at that point like my grandmothers t's. Let the PA do the work....I forgot...let the drummer's kick and the PA do the work.
    ROCK IS MIDRANGE! Please don't get me wrong because I love the low B as much as the next guy but If you tried that with a top notch independent producer involved in a record deal you'd be fired from the band in a 1/4 note. You guys just don't get it. Notes that low are hard to recreate with the average gear out there. It's felt more than heard. If you want to be felt then play a marching band bass drum! When it's recorded the notes can't be played back efficiently on 98% of home and car stereos much less home studio monitors. I'm not wearing any headphones to listen to that bass either. On the other hand you could start a whole new industry of speaker reconing for the consumer!

6. skiscem

skiscem Supporting Member

hey i installed a hipshot xtender on my tribute L2000, works just fine i only had a problem with one of the screw holes but that was easy to fix.
    but overall looks good and works good, so i guess it would work on your L2500

good luck