1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How about a list of EUB's?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by tplyons, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Dr H

Dr H

Aug 30, 2010
    England, UK
    I have a Z bass EUB designed by the late Henk van Zalinge of the Netherlands.
    Sadly, they're no longer available.
    IMG_8903.

2. radioface

radioface

May 2, 2013
    I also have a Zeta Educator. I have no stand for it and it's the older style three knob with the old style bout. It took me awhile, to figure out how to stop the bass from spinning while being played and to deal with the uncomfortable bout. First, I tried threading the bout through my belt which didn't work. Next, I tried a bass guitar strap which, worked but, I still wasn't satisfied. The final solution, for now, was to cut and slice a pool noodle so that it fit over the bout and that works best until, I have another bright idea.

3. radioface

radioface

May 2, 2013
    I think that's the brand of bass I saw being used in a Chet Baker video.

4. Paul Hendrix

Paul Hendrix Commercial User

Jul 15, 2016
    The Netherlands
    Pauls Pickup Place
    Hi I'm new here, please excuse my bad grammer, I live in the Van Zalingen country The Netherlands.
    Good friend Jan Knooren and I built an EUB for my practise and to be able to play Upright in the trailer on hollidays.
    I could only play the acoustic double bass with the head stuck out of the trialer's roofwindow.
    Besides that, it took all the space to get in the caravan, which my wife didn't really like!

We built a simple functional EUB with only little acoustics in the Limewood body, (Ebony fingerboard).
    The magentic dynamic pickup I designed myself a while ago for a basplayer living in Amsterdam.
    He uses his EUB for easy transport in the Amsterdam railway and bus traffic, he also wanted to get away from batteries.

Due to the AlNiCo V magnets in the pickup and the "controlled scatter wound" winding pattern of the coil
    it sounds good enough to be recognised as an upright, but not like a bassguitar.
    The musicians in the band don't complain and the 'battle against the volume' is no longer an issue.

I hope the pictures work!

Attached Files:

Randy Ward likes this.
  5. Hi Paul,

Great to see that your eub is finally done. Your pickup sounds wonderful on my eub, and I am sure it does on your bass as well!

Cheers,
    Vincent

6. Paul Hendrix

Paul Hendrix Commercial User

Jul 15, 2016
    The Netherlands
    Pauls Pickup Place
    Hi Vince, it's a small world, just a click away!
    Good to hear from you, thanks.
    Still have that magnificant sound of your maple EUB in my ears, maybe next project.

Here's the unique twin couple:

EUB Knooren-Hendrix -V Meelbergen 6.JPG

Chears Paul.