1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How about a list of EUB's?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by tplyons, Feb 28, 2005.

1. OneUpsman

OneUpsman

Nov 17, 2007
    Fresno, Ca
    Has anyone played the Warwick Triumph EUB? It looks beautiful and German made Warwick stuff is usually great quality. They're electric basses are also known for being "the sound of wood" so now I'm just curious.

2. Badener

Badener

Sep 10, 2012
    Germany
    Hi!

I'm new here and this is my first post but I think a good list is the following: http://ebass.nl/models/ . For now and in the future: Please excuse my bad English, it's not my native language. Thank you.

Greetings

Thomas

3. bass_sutra

bass_sutra

Sep 9, 2012
    I have an EUB by Tucker Barrett out of Brattleboro, VT. He made mainly electric cellos and violins for years, mine is one of only 4 basses he made, I believe. It has a full scroll and floating tailpiece, so strings vibrate prolifically and it bows wonderfully and behaves a lot like my DB. Much longer than most EUBs because of that. Recently upgraded machine heads and am looking into a Krivo pickup as the stock Barcus Berry has died.

4. bassoloco

bassoloco

Aug 9, 2012
    Hi All

I got a baby bass made in UK by KK Baby Bass (www.kkbaby-bass.com) I play mainly jazz and latin/fusion. I was after original Ampeg BB but it was out of my pocket.
    The bass is fitted with a passive diaphragm pick up with no pre-amp like Ampeg, it sounds great on any rig. I had no idea that passive pick up could be so powerful and sound clean.

Regards to all

5. artyty

artyty

Jun 18, 2011
    Hi All!

Some electro-acoustic upright bass .
    The main idea lies in the so-called 'Bell chamber' that fits the contours of a bell and consists the body of the
    instrument.-

6. crlujan

crlujan

Jul 26, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    I just dropped a deposit on one earlier this week.

7. Enjoy !

8. s1track3d

s1track3d

Apr 11, 2013
    I'm really surprised no one has mentioned the Stagg EDB, I'm very happy with mine. It has a compound radius neck so It's bow able. I've only had mine 6 months but it seems well made.

When I was researching this topic I also came across the Kala ubass and while it is not an EUB, it sounds a lot like a upright bass to me! (I wish I had know about it as an alternative)

9. Justice4trance

Justice4trance

Sep 20, 2013
    Singapore
    i experimented with thump on a bass guitar, putting foam mute under the bridge.
    today i made a call...a big one for me. to trade on of my basses for an eub.
    it's used, it's not from any brand, the shop i bought got no idea.
    it got the mwahh when i tested, its goona be a first time for me with fretless, and eub...
    hope i'm not making a wrong choice..
    the one thing i did was impulse buying just now.
    its not in the shop being set up...will post a picture later today

10. Get a teacher for double bass!
    (s)He can tell you if it was a good buy if you need a setup (very important, specially if you come from the guitar side) and show you the most important things so that you don't hurt yourself.

11. Justice4trance

Justice4trance

Sep 20, 2013
    Singapore
    Yes, the shop owner's son teaches double bass.
    Once my finances is ok in two months time, I will engage the son or someone to teach me.
    The used custom eub was crap after the shop owner set it up that he did not want to sell me.
    So instead I got a very good deal for another one. Working fine.
    It hurts my finances for the next one mth at least but I'm overjoyed!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

12. Albertinho

Albertinho

Feb 14, 2014
  13. Bhowell77

Bhowell77

Apr 13, 2014
    East Bay SF
    I own a Messenger Bass made by Knutson Luthiery in Forestville,
    Ca. Great axe!! Easy to play, fits across the back seat, sounds amazing and looks legit. Www.messengerbass.com

14. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
  15. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
  16. Chris Balmforth

Chris Balmforth Commercial User

May 18, 2014
    Cornwall, England
    Owner operator Farwest Musical Instruments