1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do I get an oil dye finish? (Like Warwick)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Senator, Nov 27, 2010.

  1. Senator


    Nov 11, 2008
    I'd like to have an oil dye finish on a swamp ash body, just like the Warwick Corvettes.

    How do I do it?
  2. Marton


    Sep 20, 2005
    Buy a warmoth body and finish it with oil ?
  3. Senator


    Nov 11, 2008
    Thanks. There is a Woodcraft store in the area. :hyper:

    They carry both TransTint and TransFast dyes.
    What's the difference?

    I found a link on "aniline" dyes at Reranch. TransFast dyes are "aniline" dyes.

  4. James Hart

    James Hart

    Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    one is liquid and the other powder...

    Transtint is said to be easier to work with... at least by my research for a project I'm planning (similar finish to your link but a guitar and mahogany).

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.