1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do I get someone fired?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Axtman, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You sound like my wife!! Do you have an HR background??

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

No, but I do have 20 plus years in the military...

3. So why didn't you tell him to "hurry up and wait" then?

4. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Haha.

5. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    After talking to my brother-in-law who is an attorney and employer, I decided that I will call for a meeting of upper managers. We need to meet anyway because we are supposed to meet regularly and have other issues to discuss. I figured that this would be a good forum to discuss this person's performance. Hopefully the higher ups will realize that his performance is affecting the bottom line and several people are unhappy with him.

If that does not work then Plan B....whatever plan b is....:D

6. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Can I ask what exactly you do? How large or small a company? Very corporate or more loose work environment?

7. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Good luck with that...

8. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    Plan B is always a full scale military operation.

9. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I'd have suggested a simple, honest and diplomatic, man-to-man chat with the other employee. I've found that sometimes, all you've got to do is just approach the person, be polite, and let them know that there are issues. You say this, and mention that "the issues can be easily rectified and you'd be more than willing to help out if need be. The only reason you were bringing it up is that you caught it first, and figured it might be a good idea to offer assistance before other people who might take issue go complaining to managemet and make mountains out of mole hills."

I dunno man. More flies with honey.

10. Us engineers call it CYA -Cover Your *ss.