1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

How do I get someone fired?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Axtman, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Do your job, without regard to him. Back up on your workstation and the server.

Document everything.

Do not worry about him, it's not your concern.

2. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    I guess you'll just have to hire a hitman?

3. ellive4u

ellive4u Banned

Apr 15, 2010

Lol this is really good suggestion.

4. ellive4u

ellive4u Banned

Apr 15, 2010
    If you think that the person whom you want to fired is not loyal about his job then first give him a serious warning after that kick him out.

5. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    You have done all you can do by notifying a supervisor. Proceeding any further may open a Pandora's Box that you will eventually regret.

6. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    In some cases that might actually get him a promotion.

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Like Mrs. Amundsen told me when I was in the first grade: "Nobody likes a tattletale".

You've brought it to the attention of the people in charge, and that's all you can do IMHO. If you get to be a PITA it could come back to bite you.

8. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I suggest that you look at the silver lining in this.

You have a built in scapegoat for as long as he's there. He already has a bad reputation, already has folks complaining, and you have your rep. So work it to your favor.

Feel like taking a long lunch? Sorry, the servers were down.
    Don't feel like doing your reports? Sorry, the IT guy deleted my data, I'll do it tomorrow.
    Don't want to answer e-mails? Sorry, e-mail server was down, lost about 3 days worth of e-mail.

Embrace this opportunity, and use it creatively to your advantage my friend. Use the frustration he causes you to take a break and smell the roses (or spend more time on TB).

9. Q: How do I get someone fired?

A: Put him in a kiln.

10. DreadRaver

DreadRaver

Nov 19, 2008
    Associate of Cusack Music / Mojo Hand FX
    Ahhh, that explains a lot!
    These types are notoriously difficult to hold accountable because of the mystical nature of their work.

If your company operates with some sort of formal continuous improvement/quality/corrective action system which can be used to report these failures, and the cost to the company, that would the best way to proceed.

11. The server being down is nothing mystical. It is also something the boss will notice; so you dont have to complain about him to the boss.
    The fact that he is there can only mean one thing: your boss hired an incompetent person because he couldnt afford a decent one.

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Save your current work onto your desktop rather than the internal system. We have a few servers here at work, but I save all my active work on my desktop, so that in times of error, like the servers are down, I can still do what I need to do.

Take responsibility for your own actions, and let the failings of others take their course. If the higher ups were really worried about this guys incompetence he would be gone. If you see it, if others see it, then his bosses see it as well.

Trying to get someone fired is really low. He might not be good at his job, but he may be depending on his income from this job to support his family. Imagine if you got the guy fired and that resulted in his family losing their house and such. I'd imagine you would probably feel bad about that, as any decent person would.

+1

13. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Easiest way to do it, is to steal his cell phone, call in a bomb threat, and quietly return his phone while you wait for the cops to show up. Start practicing his accent.

14. I think you may be tempting karma if you push this too far.

15. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California

HEEYOOOOOOOHHH!

16. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    I backup my data on my hard drive or flash drive. I work on my own computer. Sometimes I buy computer related stuff with my own money. When I have a software issue I call a few friends who are computer savvy or I do my own research. I have also helped others in the office with their computer problems. I try everything in my power not to deal with this guy. The only thing I can't do is work with issues on the servers.

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Wait, Xtreo's gay?!?! Good for him for having the courage to come out.

18. WorkinOnIt

WorkinOnIt

Aug 17, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Totally speculating here, but if this current IT guy is politically tight with the powers-that-be, you must realize you are now in the process of hanging yourself by getting vocal about it to management.

IMO, you can present your concerns to your OWN direct supervisor (chain of command) since this IT guy is affecting your own performance/deadlines. Other than that, I would back off. Water cooler gossip is one thing, but actually gunning for someone to get fired is wandering deep into the hot coals of company politics. Watch your back. Terminating folks is best left up to management. They are paid to do the dirty work and be the heavy.

If you are a compassionate guy like you say, don’t worry about him and do the best you can. I know you are frustrated, but heck, all of your resourcefulness in compensating for the lack of IT support might look good at your next performance review. :meh::) Just trying to find a silver lining somewhere.

One more thing to consider... his replacement could be even worse!

Good luck.

19. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    Well it looks like I will be hanging out with you guys today! The server I work on is locked up and files are missing. Plus I have a noon deadline and an end of the day deadline. Oh, and the IT guy took the day off. Maybe I can clean my office and prepare to get yelled at for missing deadlines.

20. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    document, document, document