1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

How do you unwind after work?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Uncle K, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    My two idiot bosses make my job way more stressful than it has to be. Normally I can punch out and forget about work for the rest of the day, but they've really been riding my @$$ lately. I've been finding it harder to come home and relax. How do you unwind after a hard day?

2. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Huffing a paper bag full of gold spray paint usually cures the ol' office dynamics blues. YMMV.

3. Casting Thunder

Casting Thunder

Oct 7, 2012
    I grab a bass, or log on here....

4. Mr L

Mr L

Jul 22, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    I like to work out for 30-60 minutes then plop down on the couch to catch up on my youtube, tv shows, and the occasional video game.

5. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    GROOVE! :D :bassist:

6. Exercise really works. I also PLAY BASS! Or read a book. A few beers are always good too. Try to keep it all in perspective.

7. Einherjar

Einherjar

Dec 1, 2012
    Lakewood, CO
    1 beer at 8% ABV, one shot of Jack Daniels, followed by an hour of bass playing and an hour of video games.

8. I'd love to say it would be playing my bass ( cuz that's what I'd like to do) lol but with twin three year olds, that ain't happening :) so playing cars it is!

9. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Qu├ębec
    Exercise & Drink.

10. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Hot shower a steamy poop and off to bed!

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    20 mile ride on the bicycle.

12. 4dog

4dog

Aug 18, 2012
    Play my bass, or shoot my bow.

13. Grill

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I go for a walk with the wife and dog.

-Mike

15. I just do talk bass, sometimes the guys at work invite me to whatever it is that they're doing after work and sometimes I go with them. but it's always too late to play bass.

16. lyes4string

lyes4string

Dec 13, 2010
    Endorsing Artist of Warwick Basses
    bass + a beer, i prefer newcastle brown ale and my warwick thumb

17. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    I ride my motorcycle to work every day (weather permitting), the ride home is always
    a great way for me to blow off steam after work.
    On a particularly crappy days, I've been known to take the long way home.

18. sandmangeck

sandmangeck

Jul 2, 2007
    Colorado
    What beer?

19. Einherjar

Einherjar

Dec 1, 2012
    Lakewood, CO
    Haha. Steel Reserve. Cause its cheap and helps me hate my life a little less when I get home. On my "Fridays" (thursday night) I usually pick up a nice 4 or 6 pack of a local microbrew.

20. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    OP, you married, single? Kids or not?

The answers will vary greatly based on the answers to those questions.

I'm married with two young kids. I go outside and play with my little girls. No guy at work/school can bother me while I'm playing with my kids. I forget about all that crap.

Now, when I was single, it was a hike. And I mean a vigorous one. Nothing clears your head like a good walk in the woods. Even if the only thing you have available is a park, find some TREES. If there aren't enough to walk through, then find a patch of trees and SIT. Look at the trees and birds and junk. Wonder how they got there. Breathe..... slowly.

Done. Go home and chill.