1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hypothetically speaking

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Skel, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Let's say you are a guy, and you're talking to a girl/woman that you just recently met. You're talking about paint colors and the paint colors of interest seem to all be on the sweater you're wearing. This person is using their hands/fingers, touching, kind of rubbing the arm of your sweater to explain. Is there anything being said besides the literal part of this? Would you be comfortable with this, or is this getting into your space a little too much?

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Makes me want to put on a sweater and start talking about paint with women.

3. Skel.... is this that hot hot woman who used to live in your new house? :D

4. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I think it is crossing some kind of line, but I wondered what everybody else thought. I don't want to be paranoid.

5. Bingo! ;)

I say paint your pants.

6. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    If by "sweater" you mean "balls" then chances are she likes you. Anything short of that, and the man is thinking perverted thoughts as per usual.

I'm sure we all have friends where a girl says "hi" to them at a store, where they work and are paid to say "hi" to everyone with a 15 mile radius, and WHAM! it automatically means "she wants me." Hey, I've said it a few times myself. Those occasions were real though, she did want me. :p

7. :D

In all seriousness, it sounds like harmless flirting. So far.

8. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Why yes. Scallywag! I'm gonna cut to the chase here. I don't get what people are saying sometimes. Is this coming on to me? I was trying to imagine my mom doing that, and that wouldn't bother me, I guess.

9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I suggest you paint your underwear.

10. Well I don't know, I mean if she's just pointing to the colors and touching them, well... not so much. If she's rubbing on your arm and stuff, that'd be more towards coming on to you.

I think a good question is do you WANT her to be coming on to you? If so, paint your underwear and see what happens.

If not (I don't know if you're married or whatnot) then you might want to start doing things to try and make her stop.

11. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Skel. You're married. You have responsibilities. Tell this woman to **** off and go home to your wife. You'er scaring the crap out of me.

12. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Don't worry about it because We'll all find out after your wife thoroughly goes thru this thread and makes your final decision for you :)

13. Oh, you are married? Then you should definitely get the message across that she should stop.

14. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Trying to imagine your mom coming on to you... wait, this thread is getting kind of weird. So this isn't a hypothetical question now, is it? Well in that case, pee in her butt bro.

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I've been told (by a woman) that any time a woman touches you during a conversation, she is flirting with you. Don't you think that she could have made reference to "red - like the red on your sweater" without actually touching your sweater? And, ALL of the colors of interest where on your sweater? I've gotta see this sweater, who are you - Bill Cosby?

16. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    Look. NOTHING is going to happen, I assure you all. I am one of those people who is (I guess) either perverted, or I just don't understand what people are trying to communicate. I will say this, I would have felt very weird if she was doing that and my wife was standing there.

17. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Next time have your wife there and you guys have matching sweaters on :)

18. I never knew you were into that sort of thing Jauqo. ;)

19. I'm glad nothing is going to happen. Didn't mean to offend you or annoy you or anything!

20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    WHATEVER! WHAT FREAKEN EVER!!!!!! boohooo she touched me... Get over it... Did she ask you "what's your favorite position? What? Yeah... WHATEVER! None of you have anything on what happened yesterday.