I cannot decide which bass to get-Help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wolfi228, May 9, 2021.

1. bigthemat

bigthemat

Jan 25, 2008
    Salt Lake City
    based on the finish, I'd go with the SMRS1605B

2. Sixgunn

Sixgunn

Jun 6, 2012
    Colorado Springs
    I don't wait 30 minutes after eating, to go swimming.
    I'm going with the blue one because I like single coils. My SR2605 Premium has Nordstrand big singles, too and it sounds great!

Wolfi228 likes this.
  3. BBassBassington

BBassBassington

May 6, 2018
    Ontario
    No problem. I've never used Hartke and only recently realized I can even buy their stuff here in Canada so there's that. I have talked to someone on here who swears by Hartke and Ibanez. So I'm sure you can't go wrong there either.

Wolfi228 likes this.
  4. Wolfi228

Wolfi228

May 9, 2021
    Hello again Duke, I just listened to some YouTube videos for the G & L research 2500. All I can say is, wow! The sound on that Bass is amazing. I’m rethinking my selection. Although, $1800 is currently out of my price range. The Tribute is a lot cheaper but it probably does not have the tonal variety as the Research version, I assume. Thank you for bringing G&L to my attention.

5. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    I have been a G&L guy since 1986
    The Tribute models get rave reviews here on TB
    I my understanding the electronics and hardware are the same in both models, but play one and see for yourself
    Duke

Wolfi228 likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021