Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I Hate FedEx!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Jul 21, 2004.

1. yesterday I missed the delivery of my new amp (because the place I bought it from never sent me a tracking number)

so I figure it's ok I'll just stay home today and get it...

well after 3 calls to FedEx I found out that the driver never rescanned my amp yesterday which means it wasn't in their computers to be delivered today....that's ok things happen, then I am told that my package is not in their warehouse that it's either on the truck still (which is not a good thing at all) or between yesterday and today they may have lost it...they will call me at 7 tommorrow morning (yah right) to let me know about the where abuots of my package

:mad: :crying: :bawl: :spit: I just want my amp

2. awwww....I want your amp too. :D

3. ha ha ha thanks :) a full review will be available when (if) I get it...

it's just really frustrating because today was pretty much a wasted day.

I didn't leave my living room all day today.

I even missed church tonight because they promised me on the phone that it would be there before 8 and I didn't wanna have to go through this again tommorrow if I could avoid it

4. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    That sucks man. I've lost faith in all of the delivery companies. At this point I'm just happy if my stuff shows up...it doesn't even have to be in one piece...just actually show up :meh:

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Personally I'm a fan of FedEx. Every large company has messups like this but when I need to ship something I prefer FedEx Ground over UPS because it's typically faster and tends to be about 30% cheaper.

brad cook

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    My delivery men must be training as ninjas. I've got a security cam on the front porch and alarms and they still get pass me.

7. yah I call it "tap and run"....

see, they hide down the street and watch you with a telescope...then when you go to the bathroom or to the kitchen to grab a drink they run up fast as they can...tap on your door (not loud enough to be audible) then take of running...

it stinks.

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I actually caught a FedEx ninja trying to leave a damaged box on the porch. I had him stand there while I inspected the water damaged box's contents. I even removed the back plate to inspect for water in the bass before I wouuld accept it. Pissed him off, but hey!

9. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Delievery guys are funny that way.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yes. Ha.

brad cook

11. well Praise God they called me!

they found my package and it will be here before 10 am

:D

Bring on my new YBA200 :D

12. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Don't blame me. I damage packages at UPS.

You shipping a bass? I'll damage it. :bassist:

~Patrick

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

14. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I manage a small delivery company and I have my drivers trained to delivery packages undetected. If a customer sees them there are required to kill them and any witnesses. Don't worry we don't delivery any musical instruments.
    Just don't order any office products. :D

15. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Agreed.

But...I'm having a weird experience with them right now. I'm expecting a bass (G&L L-2500) to be here (should be here today or tomorrow) but instead the tracker is showing this:

Tracking number
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ship date
    Jul 19, 2004

Estimated delivery date
    Jul 26, 2004

Service type
    Ground-Domestic

Weight
    101.70 lbs.

Two things - it shouldn't take a week to get from Los Angeles to Oakland (unless it's me on my bike) and I know some G&L's are known as boat anchors, but 101.7 lbs!!!

Hmm...maybe I'm getting an amp too. :rolleyes:

Marshall

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That IS weird. Maybe the system is crossing you up with someone else.

brad cook

17. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Whew! Thanks for warning me! I was about to order a gross of staplers![​IMG]

18. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Ok, the sender of my package clearly messed up the tracking number, because the package just got to a processing center in North Carolina.

Marshall

19. And I am sure that FedEx hates you. :cool:

(Wow, I am surprised on one posted that alread.)

20. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I'm old and slow. :(