1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I have come to the conclusion that...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kwesi, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz basses are the best basses for any and every possible thing. Period. If you don't have one, get one. If you can't get one, find a corner to cry in. If you don't want one, see a doctor. If he can't help, quit.

You just have to deal with the fact that my bass is better than yours... unless your bass is a Jazz bass, in which case, you've made the right choice and may continue playing and enjoying a fine, well-crafted instrument.

Think I'm wrong? Fight me. And proceed to lose because I have a Jazz bass and you have something that is not a Jazz bass and therefore inferior.

[​IMG]

2. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    Congrats on being superior! I bow to your.....whatever.

P.S. Had an American jazz deluxe. Sold it...meh.

3. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    Oh yeah? Well, my P Bass can kick your Jazz Basses butt with three strings tied behind it's neck!

Nanny nanny boo boo!

4. Jimmy Stump

Jimmy Stump

Jan 27, 2010
    Canada
    This is certain to end well.

5. Steveaux

Steveaux Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    You crack me up, bud.

While I can't argue against the Jazz's qualities as an all-around, general purpose bass, I do enjoy a good tussle now and then.

So ... put 'em up.

[​IMG]

6. Well my Jazz could beat you P with no strings at all! NYEH!

7. On a similar note, circular logic is the best kind of logic because it has no corners, so logic with corners will really suck because they aren't circular enough. I guess I could be mentally ill to not feel the need for a jazz bass, but we'll never find out since I'm probably too insane to know it myself, and will therefore never seek help.:ninja:

Are you trying to start a religion or something?

Martin

8. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    I don't think your jazz could last ten seconds in the ring with my StingRay :bag: :D

9. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    You know, I have a couple of nice Jazz's - and I like them quite a bit... BUT, there are some things that my EBMMs can do that a Jazz bass just can't do - same thing with my T-bird...

Sorry, you're wrong - funny thread, though - diggin' the sense of humor, bud...

- georgestrings

10. I used to think jazz basses were the best and that vintage Fender jazzes were even better, but now I think there's nothing better than a well put together modern bass with humbucking soapbars because you get all of the growl and burp without any of the hiss or thinness, IMO. With most of the jazzes I've tried, you can either get a growly tone or a really meaty thick tone, but not both. I think Stingrays filled that gap nicely until the '90s where so many basses with soapbars became available.

11. 5StringFool

5StringFool Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Greenup, KY
    There I fixed it for ya.... now go buy a Spector. :p

12. edgaroviz

edgaroviz

Aug 8, 2011
    Israel
    I agree, I just sold my P and got a Highway One Jazz, it's amazing, I like it better than my Stingray, and way more than the P.

13. They don't look like coffee tables, so that's a point in the OP's favor.

14. ChuckTrucks

ChuckTrucks

Jul 28, 2012
    I cant believe different people would prefer different things! Its a radical idea I cannot come to terms with.

15. Definitely

Definitely Banned

But you have and love an SB4000 and its a jazz type :D

16. Definitely

Definitely Banned

Kwesi has become my new favourite TB'er just for this thread. Unless your P has flats and a tort guard it's useless, and even if it has flats it's inferior to a Jazz with flats, or rounds, or halfs, or a white guard, or a black guard, or a mint guard, or a mirror guard....

17. shtik

shtik

Jun 8, 2011
    These shoes look great on you, but I will never wear these myself:smug:

I like Jazz basses, I just don't like playing them. I like how others sound with Jazz bass. I just don't like my sound when I play on a Jazz bass.

I know, I am just a kid playing an inferior Ken Smith bass :oops:

Another great pointless thread... Whatever:meh:

18. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    No. Ps are always better than Js. ;)

But now people have to use something different and not the same bass as the next guy.

19. evilt70

evilt70

Feb 6, 2011
    Pekin, Il
    Agreed, or my 2 SUB(s) either!

20. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    Salinas, CA
    Dearest Misguided OP,
    How will you ever fuel a GAS attack with that attitude? You know darn well that EVERYTHING is better than what you have, until you get it, and read about something else. Kids these days NEVER think all the way through...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.