1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I scored

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Buslady7803, May 5, 2010.

1. Ok i know the pictures rule, no pic no bass...but i pick it up monday...

Ok so my ibanez has a defective neck, backbowed..tried to take it to guitar center and swap it, but either they didnt want to deal with it or something nothting i couldreally do.
    So..week later my teacher talks to thesame guy and explains it, so they give me full credit so wander to the used area and find on a stand a beautiful Warwick Corvette standard for $499.
    Played it, fell in love. Totally...everything felt right. It doesnt even look used its nearly new. Built 22 june 02, i figure as long as it doesnt say rockbass im ok, after all i hear about RB line, I want to avoid this.

EDIT: i hate cell phone pics...but here it is..edit again improved cell ph pic
    meandnewbassv.

Sorry for bad typing. Im on my ipad lol

2. It might be MIK, but good luck.

3. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    As long as it doesnt say Rockbass anywhere, it shouldnt be a Rockbass.

Congrats, as long as you love it, which it seems you do, the brand couldnt mean less.

4. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    I have a Rock bass Corvette, they are good quality. The new ones do not have the large "Rockbass" logo on the headstock.

5. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    The new 'Wick RB's are of excellent quality. There should be a small RB logo on the truss rod cover, not anywhere else on the headstock, though, if it's a new model.

6. Atnum

Atnum

Jan 14, 2010
    That is a sweet deal. Rockbass is of same quality just different woods. I know, I have one and compared it to a Korean warwick in the shop.

But enjoy that bass you lucky bastard.

7. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    If it was built in 2002, it's made in Germany, not Korea. Korea production started this year. Also, if it's from 2002, it would have a 1 piece bridge if it were a Rockbass (and as stated, would say Rockbass in big letters on the headstock). If it's two piece bridge with the small W and says Corvette std on the truss rod cover, sounds like a normal Warwick to me.

8. I have not been a supporter of Warwick shipping off to Korea, but after playing one I have to say that they are not that bad. They felt a little "thick" to me. The neck was not as refined as the German ones that I have. But then again, it was a new $$ Wick for $800!! It sounds like you got a good deal. The deals are out there.

9. Ok sweet i gotta german built. Ill get the 1 pic i have up today, gotta get it off the phone lol

Two piece bridge it has. What effect if any does the two piece bridge have against the one piece?

10. Jazzcat

Jazzcat

Jan 20, 2009
    Titusville, FL
    I love the feel and tone of a bubinga Corvette Standard. Congrats. :cool:

11. Piccie posted.

12. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    More adjustable. With the warwick two piece bridge, you can adjust the height of the bridge as a whole as well as each individual saddle, intonation, and string spacing (not sure the full range, but each saddle can be loosened and moved side-to-side for either close or wider spacing. It's not a huge range of motion, but definitely enough to make a noticeable difference!). It also looks sweet IMO :bassist:

13. TechJunky

TechJunky

Aug 31, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    That would most likely be a Rockbass, which I believe is made in China. They have the maple neck and rosewood fb. A new made-in-Korea Warwick will still cost as much as the made in Germany model, so ~$1300 new and have a bubinga body with ovangkol neck and wenge fretboard (same as the older models). The regular $$ is still made in Germany and I believe still costs ~$1800, big difference from the Rockbass version.

14. Basshappi

Basshappi

Feb 12, 2007
    Tucson,AZ
    Your bass looks great, congrats!

15. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Nice trade.