Interchangeable necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MoeTown1986, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Carrots

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. I have an American Fender Deluxe Jazz V, white with a maple board. A buddy of mine just bought an American Elite Jazz V, ocean turquoise with a rosewood board. He wanted a maple board but that color only came with rosewood. I always preferred White/tort/rosewood. Can we swap necks? They’re both 5 bolt, contoured heel, 21 fret necks. Anyone?

2. Annnnnyone?

3. Philibuster

Philibuster Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2012
    The Black Hills
    I can’t say with 100% certainty, but I do believe you should be able to. The truss rod adjustment may come into play. The Elites have the heel wheel while the Deluxes do not, take that into consideration. Are there shipping costs associated with this venture? If not, why not try?

4. No shipping costs. The guy lives within a driving distance.

5. Philibuster

Philibuster Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2012
    The Black Hills
    Give it a shot. Worst that can happen is it does not work and you spent an hour-ish finding this out.

saabfender and MoeTown1986 like this.
  6. Dezter

Dezter

Apr 4, 2011
    Colorado
    Is he still interested in swapping necks? I have an American Elite Jazz V Maple body with Maple neck that I would like to swap with an ebony board. I believe the new ones are ebony by the way.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 25, 2022