"Interesting" Custom Bass :D

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jeffrey A-Bomb, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    That bass cracked me up when I first saw it :) I didn't check if it was posted on here yet, but damn, what a custom job! haha..

edit(jt): you know, i've deleted 2 threads on this already. i'd suggest you re-read the usage agreement. that is not appropriate for this site.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    well, I probably would not play that bass at church, but...... :D :rolleyes:
  3. This thread will be closed soon enough...that is just disgusting.
  4. :D That's a riot!! The control knobs look like warts :eek: !!
  5. In Before The Licking?
  6. :eek: :eek: :eek:

And btw, thats a NO!!
  7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    This has been posted and the thread was closed.

You should do a search, especially on things which could potentially violate forum rules.

Its tasteless and offensive to post this. Especially since this is a forum frequented by all ages, and types of people. If profanity is not allowed why would this be?

8. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    OT Post:

Would posting a picture of Michaelangelo's David get the same reaction from you? Where do you draw the line between art and offensive?

Sure it may be an offensive image to some, but it is a custom bass and this is a bass guitar forum.

Perhaps a warning would have been appropriate by the original poster.

9. Dude, were you seriously sober when you posted this. Use your head before you make a thread.
  10. ... oh and Mr. QuakQuak, nicely done.
  11. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    although that is tasteless, there is nothing wrong with the human body,
    it is not ugly or evil, and is nothing to fear or hide from.
  12. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Indeed - I am getting shades of Janet Jackson in this thread :D

I mean, if you can't laugh at a guitar shaped like a penis, what can you laugh at? ;)
  13. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    The difference of course is that this was made to shock people and be offensive, not display the human form.

Its not appropriate for the forum, and even if it was, it was not allowed last time it was posted and thus should not be posted again.

14. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Isn't all art made to get a reaction of sorts? If I find a Nordstrand shocking and offensive should it not be posted??

I didnt see the earlier thread and im not sure exactly what I would have needed to have searched on to get to see it. "Guitar shaped like penis" perhaps?

How could the earlier thread have been located by someone doing a search?

I don't care either way about this thread or whether or not it is appropriate (which it probably isnt), but coming out and insulting posters because their values / idea of "amusing" is slightly different from yours is more offensive than that guitar.

As another poster said, the human body is nothing to be afraid of. :)
  15. I must say, this whole PC thing gets on my nerves. I know that the original post was arguably in slightly poor taste, but it seems that some are just looking to denounce others for being on the liberal side with these things.

To those in question: Lighten up, and get off your thrones.
  16. Wolfehollow

Jan 21, 2003
    Pensacola, FL
    I dont think the issue of art or not is the issue here... I am sure the rules state otherwise and they are not up for discussion... just because I think I should be able to drive 55 in a 35 doesnt mean the cop wont give me a ticket.

...rules are rules, regardless of my opinions on them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.