International TalkBass Get Together

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 5, 2005.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Why dont we have an International Talk Bass get together kind of like a convention where we all meet up party, jam check out gear maybe make it like a mini NAMM show. Would anyone get on a plane and go outside their country to do something like this?, i think i would.Whats your feedback?
  2. it would be awesome and you could charge a small ammount at the door and help out talkbass. I dont know if I could afford going any time soon but if i could i would love to!
  3. Dr Teeth

Dr Teeth

Dec 11, 2003
  4. Depends where it is, but if I could get there without spending a lot of money in the process, I would definitely be all for it.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I would vote for Manhattan to host such an event. :hyper:
  6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    If you pay me a planeticket to Manhattan and back I'd be glad to join :smug:
  7. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Plane tickets from closest neighbour, Europe, to US are at least $1000. Accommondation, living expenses, we are easily talking about a couple of grands for a short trip.

Sure, I could some day come to Manhattan, perhaps when some airline has it's discount campaing or something. But hoping more than two persons outside Northern America to pull off anything like that at the same time.. :ninja:

edit: However, when my bank account shows more than one million dollars, I promise to bring myself and five other euromembers to such meeting :bassist:
  8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I think Iceland would be the perfect place for this ;)
  9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    +1 for Germany! Wir werden Spaß machen ja!
  10. damned... :ninja:
  11. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Major, With the hotel cost of manhatten we'd all have to stay at your place! I vote Motown, Good R&B, cheap hotels, If we do it over Labor Day we can catch the Jazz Fest! Last year I saw Will Lee, Mark Egan and Victor Baily for Free!!
  12. hehe...
  13. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I think you'd have to joust the Ritter place. ;)
  14. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Bah, bass players have no money, and the ones that do have it earmarked for basses lol. I doubt very seriously we could get much of a turnout. Maybe a better idea would be to have a talkbass GTG AT one of the NAMM shows :)
  15. This is a good idea, but I doubt that more than a few people would be able to afford the entire trip and be able to make it at the same time.

I agree with Erlendur that Iceland would be a great place to have it. :cool:

16. I could never make it but I'd suggest either Detroit (which I could make but I say it for music reasons), New Orleans, Chicago or the Carribean
  17. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    We need to find a place that be expensive for everyone to go to... say... hawaii:)
  18. the antartic continent??? if not, some small cheap poor island in the atlantic?

not that I would come anyway
  19. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Antartica doesnt sound too much fun... kinda cold... i am going for warmer place... you know... beach.. bbq... boobies...
  20. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    It's a nice thought MM, but I suspect you understand the economic roadblocks to such an event, seeing as how you suggest Manhattan as the location for the "International" get together. ;)

Why don't we just have it at your house so you won't even need gas money? ;) :D

[this is good-natured ribbing btw] :D

If and when the dollar gets a bit stronger against the euro a European location might be semi-affordable for many, especially if held in the winter. Cheap airfares for us Yanks, convenient to Eastern and Western Europeans, not out of the question for Middle and Far-Easterners.

Might I suggest...Amsterdam? Many, many reasons this is a fantastic idea. :D