1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is buying a Rickenbacker even possible??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Felken, Jul 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TrueNorthMatt

TrueNorthMatt Supporting Member

Mar 7, 2004
    Quebec City
    That's perfectly understandable. I saw several Ricks on Reverb yesterday (Canada and USA) while looking for something else. Take all the time you need, check regularly, and I'm sure you'll find exactly what you want at some point.

By the way, thanks guys: I discovered Reverb because of this thread! :D

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    bobyoung53 and Felken like this.
  2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Possible...of course!
    Feasible, practicable, realizable, sensible?
    Ah, there's the rub.

Felken likes this.
  3. Koshchei

Koshchei

Mar 17, 2019
    Peterborough, ON
    They will; this is how I get my Mesa EL-84 tubes without having to drive to the ‘shwa.

Matthew_84 likes this.
  4. ive seen several for alittle over 1500.. several times. mainly on reverb and bass central, but as of now there is none on bass central.

5. go to reverb right now. there is tons around the 1500 dollar range..

6. 96Brigadier

96Brigadier Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Canada
    $1500 Canadian as the OP said? Keep in mind that means no more than $1,150 USD.

Green Knight likes this.
  7. Green Knight

Green Knight Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2016
    I've never seen one at L&M brand new for under 2100. Not sure if it's the same one that's always there or not. Can't speak to their value used.

8. 96Brigadier

96Brigadier Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2015
    Canada
    Yup, a few people in this thread missed that the OP said Canadian funds, not USD. Even used there isn't anything that cheap, $1500 USD sure, but not CDN.

Green Knight likes this.
  9. Rugmaster

Rugmaster

Dec 6, 2012
    Keep some money saved up and look for a decent deal on a used one, it shouldn't be that hard to find one. I just got this 4003W for $2000 off a guy that bought it to learn bass and hardly ended up using it, it doesnt have a mark on it and is basically brand new. I've also seen used 4003s go for as low as $1600 at this store in Whitby Ontario called the Guitar Boutique, and you can put them on layaway.

20190711_145005.

Koshchei likes this.
  10. Iristone

Iristone

Jul 8, 2017
    Same in China. ¥20,000+ (around $3,000) and only shipped from America (slow, especially with USPS being literally a pile). :(

11. guygorilla

guygorilla

Apr 11, 2017
    Bought a used (2018) jetglo 4003S at L&M recently for $1900(Can) tax included...you just have to keep looking and be ready to make that purchase.... could've bought one back in the early '90s for under $800, but I went for a Fender J instead (still own it)...when I saw this 4003S I knew I was being given a second chance and couldn't pass it up.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Rugmaster likes this.
  12. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Wikipedia often mistakes my opinions for fact Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That's not a price point Rics hit very often, and when they do it's usually for all the wrong reasons.

96Brigadier and monsterthompson like this.
  13. Not sure why anybody would buy a Ric anyplace but Wildwood Guitars...they have the absolute BEST prices on NEW RIC'S I have ever seen (they sell new ones for what most people ask for used ones)

Oatis likes this.
  14. Skybone

Skybone

Jun 20, 2016
    Scotland
    I recently played a 4003W, and as much as I love Ric's, I couldn't see myself parting with the money to buy it.

It was priced very competitively for the UK market (way below the UK Recommended Retail Price), it played nicely, it sounded good, it didn't have any flaws that I could see (and I did look!), it just didn't speak to me enough to justify spending £2,000 (approx. $2500, CDN$3,250).

kodiakblair likes this.