1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Is this the same Bass ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JAUQO III-X, Apr 18, 2006.

1. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Looks like it to me.

3. Yeah, that's the bass (kinda hard to mistake it). Look suspicious though...

"left behind from my stepdad. I don't really know much about guitars" :eyebrow:

4. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Oh, it's definitely suspicious. I'm sure it's a scam.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Good eye, Jauqo! I noticed there are a few other high-end rarities on Ebay right now from 0-feedback sellers (probably really all one individual scammer with a plan). People, don't believe the hype!

6. Yeah, it must be:

"My stepdad past away recently so just trying to rid of somethings to pay for funeral costs."

And the guy who was selling it here was logged on about an hour ago, so I highly doubt he's deceased all of a sudden. :meh:

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    No fella's it's a scam and it has been confirmed(the tb member that is selling it is alive and well in France).how does one go about reporting such a thing?

8. PM moderator of classifieds forum?

9. jim1457

jim1457

Mar 29, 2006
    Honolulu Hawaii
    I already did (report it to ebay), you have to log in (I think) and then at the bottom of the page with the listing, there's a link to "report this item".

Good eye Jauqo! Talk about a global village huh?

10. jim1457

jim1457

Mar 29, 2006
    Honolulu Hawaii
    Interesting note: the ad says the the item is located in Chicago, not France.

11. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.

I'm in Chicago.

not only did they post the same pics but they pasted most of the specs as well.I wonder if the Scammer is lurking TB and the other forums that this Bass is posted as being for sale.

12. jim1457

jim1457

Mar 29, 2006
    Honolulu Hawaii
    From the ad;
    "Other then please email me with any questions i will try to be as helpfull as i can if you know this guitar will better for you thank you. I will also ship it for free even though is heavy i will pay for the shipping myself. Trying to get rid of it asap so if you are interested in wanting to buy it now please email me"

Maybe you should e-mail him about buying it now....

13. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  14. Someone send the guy an e-mail. Something along the lines of:

---------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Seller,
    My name is FRANK LOOF .I saw your price and i will be paying you $1000 to keep all buyeroff the (JPBASSES Plume 7 String Fretless) i can only be able to complete this transaction by sending you a cheque of 3500$ which you will cash, and take part of the money (500$) for your runing around and send the remaining to my( shipper) who will come to any given address you will supply to me in your next mail,and will bring your money to you in cash in your given address and pick up the( JPBASSES Plume 7 String Fretless). and alll the neccesary document i am doing this so as to prevent any form of fruadulent act.if all this are accepted by you i will like to have the following information about you.HOPE I CAN TRUST YOU ON MY SHIPPER'S MONEY?
    NAME........................
    ADRESS..........................
    CITY...........................
    ZIPCODE...........................
    TELEPHONE NO..............
    ALL THIS I AWAIT TO GET FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
    THANKS.

---------------------------------------------------------------

:p

15. OwO

OwO

Apr 23, 2004
    I'm the seller, i notice Ebay about the scam, thx all for your eyes ;)

But be sure the fake guy is hanging around TB cause i've never posted anywhere else in US my bass.

16. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hopefully he will read this thread and realize it is futile to mess with TBers......

17. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses

Classic!:D

18. jim1457

jim1457

Mar 29, 2006
    Honolulu Hawaii
    This whole thing's startin to smell like low tide. :mad:
    I now doubt anyone is gonna get caught:scowl: