1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jason Bolands gear stolen DFW area (update)

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Chopper, Nov 14, 2006.

1. After discovering that the trailer was stolen today, the Fort Worth Auto Task Force found the trailer this evening. Special thanks to them and all the other police departments that helped in the recovery of the trailer, and 95.9 The Ranch and 99.5 The Wolf for putting out bulletins describing the trailer in case someone saw it on the road. The police feel that the suspect heard the announcement and dumped the trailer as soon as he could.

Unfortunately, all of the equipment as gone, as well as the majority of merchandise and most sickening, the toys we had been collecting on the road for the toy drive.

We are working on an equipment list with serial numbers and descriptions as best we can. Hopefully, some of the equipment, merch, cases, toys, etc. will be recovered. Right now, we regretfully have to cancel the show in New Orleans at the House Of Blues due to all of us being in shock over what has happened. We are trying to beg, borrow but not steal equipment to use for the Beaumont show and beyond.

JB&S will go on, although a huge set back in our minds and hearts, we all still have the ability to make music. We do ask that if you hear of anyone in the Fort Worth or Dallas area with some really nice equipment for sale, contact us or your local authorities.

Also, we ask that you repost this bulletin so that more people can be aware of the situation in any hope to recover any of the stolen equipment.

We will see you all soon,

JB&S

2. Bumpity

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Let us in the area (OK/KS/TX) know WHAT was stolen and we might be able to get it back.

4. Jason and the crew are in the process of making a list of items and serial numbers. When I get them I will update.

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Cool. By the way, for anyone just reading this, Jason is a real stand-up type of guy and a phenomenal song-smith. Hate thieves. They deserve all of it..

6. The State of Texas has officially issued a warrant for the arrest of Boyd Newman Matthews in regards to the theft of our trailer. Matthews was born on September 21, 1980, is 5'10" tall, 180 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes. If anyone has any information regarding the whereabouts of Matthews, please contact Det. David Mann of the Tarrant Regional Auto Theft Task Force at 817.560.650 or [email protected].

Do NOT attempt to apprehend the suspect as he could be armed and dangerous.

Jason Boland & The Stragglers are offering a reward of up to $1000 for any information that leads to the recovery our equipment, merchandise and donated toys. This reward is based on the finding of the equipment or information that directly leads to the equipment or suspect(s) in possession of equipment.

7. If this is any help to you fellas, I just did a simple search on Whitepages.com and if he goes by his first name in the phone book there are only 2 listings for that name... one in Mexia, TX 76667 and the other in Pampa, TX 79065. I have no idea if this is close but I thought this might help, if you search for Newman as a first name it comes up with 2 pages of results.

I hope you catch him, and best of luck with the search and capture. :D

Peace,

8. Help find this dirt bag and collect the reward!

9. jsbass

jsbass

Sep 3, 2006
    WI
    Tarrant County, TX? That's where the Metallica Cunning Stunts DVD was filmed. Intersting.

10. Sometime this morning, Fort Worth police found and apprehended Boyd Matthews, the suspect wanted in connection to the theft of our trailer amongst other charges.

On Tuesday, his girlfriend Jessica Lacey turned herself in after allegedly being beaten up by Matthews before leaving him. Right now we do not know if information she provided lead to the capture of Matthews.

Special thanks to Detective David Mann for all his hard work in capturing the suspects.

Leads on the location of the equipment is still being investigated.

mR.m
    JB&S

11. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Any progress on the list of stolen gear? I look at eBay and Craig's List here in DFW every day. If you provide a list, I can help look out for the gear. I also know a ton of musicians in the area...we can spread the word!

12. All the gear has been recovered!

Well Done!

13. FriscoBassAce

FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    Wow....that is amazing! Stolen gear is hardly ever recovered...what a great holiday story. Did they find the toys too?

14. Wally Malone

Wally Malone

Mar 9, 2001
    Boulder Creek, CA
    AFM International Representative Endorsing Artist: Accugroove Cabinets & MJC Ironworks Strings
    Great news!

Wally

15. WalWarrior

WalWarrior

Mar 20, 2006
    MD suburbs
    That is Great News! Just awesome! Scumbags have no clue what gear is worth to musicians, especially instruments. A vintage guitar that is irreplaceable is like cutting off your arm. I hope those bastards FRY!

16. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    yyeeeeeeeeeeeeee hhhawwwwwwwww

17. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Inactive

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Details mang!

You can't leave us hanging on what went down and how/where the stuff was recovered.

18. jacobmyers

jacobmyers

Aug 28, 2007
    Jackson, MI
    I see that their previous arrest was connected to methamphetamine. That crap (even - and especially - when it's pure) is nothing to play with. People under the influence often do crazy stuff (like run off with ATVs and people's gear) to keep their supply coming. You're lucky it was just your gear and not your kidneys! :meh:

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021