1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jeroen Paul Thesseling's Thumb 7

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by TolerancEJ, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Hi. I was just curious if Warwick plans to issue a signature or artist series of Jeroen Paul Thesseling's Thumb 7-string.

[​IMG]

2. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    TolerancEJ - We don't currently have any plans to offer the Thumb 7 as a signature model, but if you'd like one similar to Jeroen's they are available through the Custom Shop. Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!!

3. Zarathustra3

Zarathustra3

Aug 21, 2012
    In my opinion that F sharp string on a 34 inch scale is a bad idea. If it had at least a 36 inch scale then maybe. I've tried to play a .175 gauge warwick string on my Vampyre and it's just too floppy.

4. NT6

NT6

Sep 5, 2012
    New York
    Seriously considering to order this instrument... exactly the same version Jeroen uses. Recently I contacted him for info and he assured me the F#-string sounds tight on 34" Thumb NT basses. Need some more time to save money. A custom shop production will be around EUR 7.500,-.

5. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    I just spent the weekend with Jeroen and his Thumb 7. The F# sounds fantastic, and Jeroen is an amazing player. He's such a versatile musician, and a super nice guy. The bass sounds great, and there seems to be no issues whatsoever with a 34" scale. Thanks!

6. Zarathustra3

Zarathustra3

Aug 21, 2012
    ^To each his own. Me personally I wish for longer scale even on a B string but I'm sure you can set it up in a way that sounds good. If you are seriously going to get this custom shop I would at least consider that Warwick does 35 inch bolt on's as well.

7. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Interesting. I didn't know this was the same bassist who played on Spheres and that Pestilence put out an album last year. I'll have to give it a listen & see if the bass is buried under those 8-string guitars.

8. Chet Braun

Chet Braun

Apr 9, 2013
    Can you tell us what strings he's using on the Thumb 7?

Thanks!

9. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Hey Chet,

I believe that instrument was originally set up with Warwick Black Label Dark Lord strings (the low F# is .175 gauge).

All the best!

Jesse at Warwick USA

10. S6I6X

S6I6X

Jun 25, 2011
    San Diego
    I used strings that big and tuned that low in a 34" Warwick with out any issues as well. I wasn't using Warwick strings though.

11. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

I'm just gonna come out and say it. We're waiting for more affordable (pro and rockbass) 7-string options. I'd love to have one but don't have custom shop kind of money sitting around. I'm sure a lot of other guys would commiserate.

12. I wonder if Warwick will consider it now, since Ibanez introduced a BTB-7 last NAMM:
    http://www.uncleikes.com/p-9404-new...7-string-btb-electric-bass-guitar-w-case.aspx

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=13020410594316

Of course, the import-constructed Conklin models GTBD-7 & GT-7 are also excellent 7-strings. I own a Thumb BO 6 and GTBD-7 and think they really compliment each other quite nicely.

13. I want this bass with frets and the normal black headstock. Basically identical to my old nt5 in a 7 with the new glow in the dark side dots. I gotta another baby on the way so I don't want to stretch things right now but come February or march I probably just charge it.

Anyone know what the build times are like for the warwick custom shop? I've heard thier prices aren't to crazy in comparison to the prices of thier production basses but I've also heard they charge like 3,000 more for a 7 than an equivalent 6. I don't need all the bells and whistles just a thumb nt7 as if it was an actual production model.

As for the f# on 34" scale comment. I've been doing it for years with no problems.

14. When this model was introduced years ago, I remember sending Florin an email in the Warwick forums. He gave me the price but I don't remember the amount. You could check with Florin, at least to get a price/time estimate on your piece.

15. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    This is one of my dream basses!!! God this thing is beautiful!!

16. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    If you'd like a direct answer, or are serious about having a 7-string made through the custom shop, feel free to email info@warwick.de for a professional answer!

Best,

Mike
    Warwick USA

17. I just can't imagine it balancing. A Streamer (or Fortress :ninja: ), maybe, but a Thumb? 8^o