LA SCALA. oh boy oh boy!

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Savino, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Savino

Jun 2, 2004
    Well boys and girls,
    my sleepless night tossing and turning waiting for my New Standard La Scala Hybrid are finally over.
    As of tuesday Im the proud owner of new owner of #159.
    I cant say enough about this bass. The workmanship is exquisite. The bass is just gorgeous. I want to thank you all for pointing me to Arnold and Wil, who are both fantastic. I have never played a new bass with this much personality. All registers speak clearly, and are only going to get better. Arnold was very gracious in accepting my requests and my numerous phone calls. We had some fun bending my endpin and discussing the certain properties of metals. Its so nice to find a luthier who really pays attention to what you want. Arnold even lent me a bass to use while i was waiting for this one.
    I really cant stop playing this bass(except when i sit down to check whats happening here ;)) the first night i went straight to a gig from the shop.
    I had a little problem with the full circle, but I didnt have much time to fiddle with it. :smug:
    When I got home, It came right out of the bag and I played till 3 in the morning. Its still ringing. Great sustain on this bass.
    Ill post pics as soon as i can.
    This is the best money I have ever spent!
    Thanks guys.
    Take a trip up to Old McArnold's Farm. You shall'nt be disappointed.
  2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Congratulations, S! I have La Scala #143, and I agree completely. The thing just sings in all registers. I love it. I've always loved my job, but now, I can't wait to go to work at night. I have Obligatos on it right now, which are working out great.

Arnold and Wil really did the job, especially considering they had to figure out how to get my bass to Maui upon completion. It was a pleasure dealing with them.
  3. Congrats!!! Post some pics when you can tear yourself away from your new baby!!
  4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Congrats and double congrats! I'm with Marcus on this one...mine makes my job much easier, and if nothing else I can look forward to making beautiful sounds every night I play it. PLUS, I no longer have any pain after long gigs thanks to Arnold. Enjoy, and post some ******* pics!

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Speaking of posting pictures....Chris, you should update your website with the LaScala!
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

No kidding! When time allows, much will happen...
  7. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Congrats-my dad sent in the deposit on a Cleveland for me last week or so. Enjoy the bass.

That's all