1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

LAKLAND OWNERS GROUP #43

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    Nice! Great strings man!

2. Hey JJ, just a quick question, "Shadowfax" is/was the Decade 5 Prototype wasn't it? (I'm pretty sure I saw that in one of the LOG threads), so I was wondering if they are MM style Pickups or Chi-Buckers like SC

3. Excellent. I hope a new family portrait is on its way :D

4. RHCP250

RHCP250

Nov 24, 2008
    Speaking of your pickups, I saw in a few posts where you say how good the old Bart's sound that used to come in Lakies. My -02 is Bart loaded, but it's an 08 so they we're replaced at some point in time before it came here. Just wondering if you knew how the sound of the old Bart's differs from potential newer ones.

5. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Damn... I made the list!!! haha foo!

6. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    I remember them being Chi's, just don't recall if they are singles or hummers..... ;)

7. blondmix3

blondmix3 Supporting Member

May 30, 2007
    Evansville, Indiana
    I know a lot of people (myself included) weren't fans of the newer Barts (post 03 or 04 I think?). They tended to be kinda woolly and lifeless to me. When I would try to dial in any high end, it seemed really brittle. I had a couple (maybe 3) 55-02's with Barts, and much preferred my LH3 loaded ones- so much richer and more depth.

8. Posting for the sake of having more than one post when this thread closes : )

Stunning collections - so envious!

9. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    They're humbuckers. JJ needs some singles!

10. They are indeed non-switchable Humbucker Chi's in MM casings (I was Shadowfax's first owner and sold it during a severe bout of stupidity...)

11. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm gonna put flats on my JO w/Fralins this weekend--first time! I'm excited, but it better make me instantly play like Jerry Jemmott.:D :bawl:

12. Old picture for new thread.

I have a couple irons in the fire with this one.
    Could be going bye, bye

100_0910.

13. One of my Favs - Suhweeet!

100_0910. [/QUOTE]

14. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Very Cool, JJ! Glad to hear it.

15. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    You're welcome, thanks for your support!

16. GregC

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Nooooo, John! Man, that is such a sweet bass.

17. A slight misunderstanding. I prefer the LH3 system to the Barts I tried, but they were newer, so I can't speak for the older systems.

To me, and this is all subjective so bear with me, I found the LH3 to be a bit "clearer" and more "crisp", if you will, than the Barts I tried, IMO etc etc
    Jody would be the man to ask about the older system

18. bamabass

bamabass

May 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    What a beauty! I should have dealt for her when I had the chance....stupid economy. Anyway......:bawl:

19. I still reckon it needs a pearloid pickguard. IMO and all that :)

20. Hey Markus can you post those pics of your Hanson guitars again, I was checking out some demos the other day and was impressed so I'd like to see 'em in a bit more detail :p.

Also, have you ever done a mockup of a White Decade with the Black Headstock? If so could you post it :p, if not, never mind :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.