Late Bass Player Mag subscriptions

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PhatBasstard, Aug 3, 2003.

1. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    " I have no idea how long I am paid through. "

If you check your address label, it has the last date you will recieve you present subscription.

:cool:

2. Without bass magazines, I wouldn't know what to read while sitting on the can.

Probably more info than you needed....:rolleyes:

3. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    "Bass Guitar Magazine" showed up today. All the way from England, right on time, wrapped in plastic, perfect (Jaco cover + Stanley Clarke article for us old guys ;) ). :cool:

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I have not received the last 3 editions. I emailed BP and they extended my subscription. But where the F are my magazines? :help:

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This thread never fails to crack me up. So do you guys sit out by the mail box in a lawn chair waiting for your BP to show up? I don't have a clue when my next BP is due. I have a lot of other stuff going on in my life, so I don't need it to be here at any particular time. Usually, I get home from work, and there it is, sitting there on the counter. Fifteen minutes later, it's been read, and put into the archive pile. BTW, I just got mine yesterday.

6. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    Uh, no. But if it makes you feel superior/better, maybe.

No, I don't really care when it shows...just that it shows. Last year August and December never showed (although they made them up to me).

As far as when it shows, I just don't get the inconsistencies from month to month. Last month it showed on the 11th...the earliest it's ever showed, and I've subscribed since day one. I've had it show as late as the 28th (when it did eventually show).

The maddening thing is they won't do squat until the 15th of the following month, when often times your local music stores are displaying the next month's issue already, making it extremely difficult to find the issue you're missing on the news stands....and then have the balls to tell you they're (Bass Player) out of the issue you need and will extend your subscription!

I would love to blame the USPS (since I've had numorous problems with them in the past), but my "Bass Guitar Magazine" from England shows up nearly to the day every other month and all my Wife's mags show consistantly from month to month so I gotta' believe it's something in Bass Player's system of operations.

It's now the 20th. This month's hasn't showed yet.

7. MaXell

MaXell

Jan 23, 2004
    Maryland
    I'm really glad I stumbled across this thread. I was just about to subscribe to Bass Player because I can't seem to find any local dealers, (central Delaware). This tread is starting to make me wonder if I should. I think I'll hold off for a while and see how this plays out.....

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Frankly, subscriptions to Bass Player works out fine for the majority of people, but those people are not going start a thread or post in a thread just to say "I have no problems with my BP subscription." More likely than not if you subscribe it will be fine for you.

brad cook

9. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    And I as well.

As I said previously, I've subscribed since day one it was offered and have every issue (including the two "test" issues [Geddy Lee Now][The Art Of Soloing]) excluding the special/extra gear review editions (which are just reprinted articles from various regular issues). A couple of years back I had to have them make up two issues in a row, and then Aug. and Dec. of 2003. That's really not a bad percentage, all in all.

Plus, even through several address changes, when I was booking Carnival Cruise ships for 5 years, they still got to me with no problems or misses.

10. Greg Olwell

Greg Olwell Managing Editor, Bass Player Magazine

Hi Everyone,

I was just browsing through here and found this thread. I know it can be really frustrating not getting issues of magazines that you paid for, and extending the subscription isn't always your first choice, especially when you don't want your collection missing an issue, so if you ever have problems getting your issues, please feel free to email me or BP editor in chief Bill Leigh, [email protected].

Please be sure to let us know which issue is missing and your mailing address and we'll do our best to get you a copy right away.

Best wishes,
    Greg Olwell
    Assistant Editor
    Bass Player
    [email protected]

11. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    Yes. Greg and Bill are definately the good guys.

When I had my problem with the Aug.2003 (as chronicled much earlier), Greg contacted me via email almost immediately and sent the issue in question. No sooner had I responded to Greg then Bill also emailed me offering the same thing (I told him Greg was already on it).

I still have to believe the problem is in Bass Player's distributing system. As I said earlier: All my and my Wife's other subscriptions arrive at almost the exact same times every single month, while Bass Player is consistantly inconsistant.

It's good to know the guys at the top do care.
    Thanks again Greg and Bill.

PS. And thanks for printing my letter in the Dec.2003 issue ("Tension Headache"). That was pretty cool to see.:D

12. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thank you Greg, for you personal attention to my delivery issue. I am looking forward to getting my lost magazines. I am also calling the Post Office first thing Monday and getting a watch put on my mail.

13. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I finally got my back issues via Airborne express. Thanks Greg! :hyper: This is smelling more and more like a USPS issue. I think someone is stealing them. I have put a watch on my mail, and we will see what happens.

14. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    As I posted a while ago: When my issues do show up eventually (the real late ones), they always look suspiciously "read". As if someone has been reading them, then sending them on for delivery.

I think the only reason, I believe, my other subscriptions always show up on time is most of them are in plastic so a "Postal Employee" can't read it without openning it.
    I believe Bass Player should consider this.
    I would even be willing to pay a little more in subscription cost for it.

15. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Well it doesn't. Does it make you feel inferior/worse?

16. PhatBasstard

Feb 3, 2002
    Tacoma WA
    What was the question?:rolleyes:
    Too busy to go back and check.
    Some things just aren't worth my time.;)

17. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Just got the July issue!!! Regular mail. I think the chat with the Postmaster did the trick.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2022