laws that you break everyday

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vampyre, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Vampyre

Dec 9, 2004
    long story short

i have to do an assigment thing on laws that i break on the average day. annnd by this i mean little things that everyone has a chance to do not anything huge

anyone got any examples

2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign?

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I will admit that I frequently travel at a speed over the posted speed limit. I'll go up to 10MPH over. If I were to actually drive the posted 60MPH, I fear I would be run over. Trust me, I've tried driving the speed limit. Way too scary on the freeway. Around town, it is no problem.

4. txbasschik

Nov 11, 2005
    Leander, Texas
    Forget to use your turn signal...

Xerox copyrighted material, like a magazine article or a passage from a book...

Cut the corner through a parking lot...

Pass in the right lane...

Smoke within 15' of the entrance of a public building...

Tear the tags off your mattresses and pillows...;-)

Cherie :)
  5. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005
    Illegally dowloading music off the net like about 85% of you do.
  6. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I have an Accugroove cab with an Acmeswitch. I break the laws of physics on a daily basis! :D

Seriously, the transfer of CDs to MP3 is still illegal (breach of copyright) in Australia as we have no "fair use" law like in the US.

Other than that, not too many on a daily basis - speeding in the car a little...thats about it.
  7. there are some strange laws that you can easily break though.

in australia, for example, its illegal to walk around without money on your person.:eyebrow:
  8. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    jay walking
    downloading music
    passing on the right
    not coming to a complete stop
  9. Hummm... lets see

Downloading music illegaly, J-walking,speeding, Illegaly tinted windows on the car, Illegaly smoked taillights on the car, speeding, Disturbing the peace with car stereo system(I think if can be heard more then 30ft or something, its more of the parts ratteling on the car then the music), In a month12,000k HID lights with is Illegal,speeding, once in a while under age drinking(dont worry I dont drive if I drink), never got a ticket yet for parking in front of a hydrent:ninja: , speeding.

DAMN thats a lot. Its safe to say me just starting my car is illegal. Oh and by the way I never got a ticket yet:) (Watch I get one tomarrow now:scowl:). Most of that crap is daily to.
  10. Vampyre

Dec 9, 2004
    thanks a lot guys

great stuff
  11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I'm a big jaywalker, I rarely do it when I could be interfering with cars trying to drive though.

I also speed, roll through some stopsigns, don't use my turn signal half the time.

I'll litter if there's garbage can around me.

I used to drink illegally when I was under 18. But now that's over.

Disturbing the peace by jamming at 11:30 at night at really high volumes, although everyone seems to like our music since there haven't been any complaints.
  12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I'm pretty sure I break a couple hundred religious laws every day on average.
  13. Aside from the MP3 downloading, looking up lyrics is becoming illegal too.
  14. XIbanez4lifeX

Nov 15, 2005

Damm if I was in Australia I would get the electric chair!!!!
  15. Amen. Not going to start listing..
  16. :D Well, its a bit like jaywalking - they don't actually go after people with no money on them, it's just a way for the police to be able to remove vagrants from the streets if need be.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Maybe not every day(at least not anymore) but there was a time when I would commit a murder or two.
  18. Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    ....Little did the talkbass crew know that the poster who originated the thread was an FBI agent... :D

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

That is funny :)
  20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    speeding, rolling stop signs, not stopping for right turns,