1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

LDS 5x8

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by tombowlus, Jul 28, 2005.

1. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have my LDS 3-way 5x8 up for sale over in the slab classifieds. A fellow TBer asked how I liked it for upright, and I thought, "heck, I should list it over in the double bass classifieds as well!" :D

This cab is perfect for medium to even high volume upright playing (or quiet, for that matter). It will make you bass sound a bit bigger than perhaps it sounds acoustically, but I find that to be fairly common in larger cabs. I will say that it does this to a far lesser extent than, say, a 4x10, and I would even say that this is a positive trait. Mids were, as expected, very natural. High end was smooth but detailed. Truly, very excellent for upright. I would have to admit that I prefer the sound of two VL-208's, but at their going prices, they cost four times as much! If I didn't have the VL-208's, I probably would be keeping this cab. But as good as it is, for the most part, if someone is going to ask me to play upright only, that probably means that I will bring a smaller rig, and if I am doubling, I generally bring a bigger rig. This cab is great for a medium sized rig on its own, or for a big rig with a second cab.

I have dimensions and photos up on the listing page. I am looking for $400, shipped within the Continnental USA.

Tom.

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Sold!