1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Limited Edition TRONOGRAPHIC Rusty Box

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cataract, Oct 3, 2020.

1. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    I jumped on the Rusty Box hype train over a decade ago and it’s been a staple for my tone ever since— however they just issued a Limited Edition of 31 October colour themed version AND I TOTALLY SNAGGED ONE
    0FC5A105-F2D5-4FCF-82C7-A177C5B6D68F.jpeg
    Last I checked there were 14 still available on their Reverb site.. just an FYI for all y’all looking to mix it up / finally get on that Rusty Box craze.
    Definitely my all time favorite pedal ever!

2. cdwthunderfoot

cdwthunderfoot

Nov 29, 2015
    Illinois
    I've been looking for an excuse to get another one of these, and this did it.

cataract likes this.
  3. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Nice! Yeah I was planning on selling my OG version w/ JohnK’s 9v mod but I’m debating keeping it instead. What a time to be alive! :bassist:

BrentSimons likes this.
  4. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Still waiting for mine to ship, hope they’re not waiting for them all to sell before sending ‘em out (7 left as of right now!)
    Thankfully I still have my OG Rusty to keep me occupied. It’s weird being stoked on receiving a pedal that I already actually own lol

5. cdwthunderfoot

cdwthunderfoot

Nov 29, 2015
    Illinois
    Mine hasn't shipped yet either. In the meantime I'll be busy Soldering the something like 30 patch cables I'm making for the pedalboard rework I'm doing in.

BrentSimons and cataract like this.
  6. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    IT SHIPPED
    D4FEF953-8092-4E49-8880-C219FFF1C31C.jpeg
    and 6 left for anyone still on the fence.
    Very stoked

jw23mind and Andy V. like this.
  7. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    I am now $225 poorer. Been on an amp in a box kick lately and this Traynor clone should work.

cataract likes this.
  8. Karlo.kc

Karlo.kc

Dec 16, 2008
    Croatia
    Very nice! I want one so badly, but they very rarely pop up in Europe...

cataract likes this.
  9. Yes, I was in the same situation...until last month, when finally decided to purchase one direct from the seller in the US..and now I can't be happier! I had to pay the high import taxes, that's what was pushing me back, but fortunately I could afford it, and now I don't regret it

cataract likes this.
  10. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Money well spent, IMO!
    This’ll be my 3rd Rusty, sold my first when GAS hit me but instantly regretted it. Have been on my second for close to 10 years now.. it’s a game changer.

11. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    How so in your opinion? I did just buy one mainly for another flavor for recording, but I did notice in a lot of vids that the bass seems to get chopped off a little. Did you find that to be the case?

cataract likes this.
  12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Reverb said "3 available and 3 others have it in their carts", so I pulled the trigger... dammit. :D

I love my collection of dirt pedals (over a dozen), but I've been curious about the RB for years now and became more interested once it was redesigned to handle 9vdc. So I figured I'd reward myself for a frugal gear year by buying some gear! I have a couple/few redundant pedals I could sell to fund this, so what the heck. Now I'll finally get to experience the legendary RB first-hand.

13. Peaveylover

Dec 6, 2019
    That's kinda the same boat I'm in. I sold a lot of lesser stuff recently and am trying to acquire the "classic" bass pedals, of which the RB is one. I didn't need or even really want it, but I'm a sucker for this crap.

cataract and Fuzzbass like this.
  14. Fuzzbass

I most definitely don't need the RB... but I was a sucker for the limited edition color scheme.

Confession: I re-bought the Darkglass 900v2 amp to get the limited edition graphic paint job (I also prefer black to silver on that head).

cataract likes this.
  15. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Nah there’s no lack of low end. It’s a mids machine, for sure. You can check out any song by the band Shellac to hear it in all its glory (the song Wingwalker is a good example.)

16. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Awesome man, you won’t be disappointed. Feels good to pick one up direct from Tronographic, the last two I snagged were gently used secondhand.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  17. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Oooh. Pretty.

cataract likes this.
  18. Just snagged the last one!! Should sound fantastic with my T-Bird!

19. Fuzzbass

Checked again this morning and saw that it was sold out. Congrats!

I just got my tracking info... pre-shipment, of course, but I'm glad it's moving along.

Oh... it's signature required, and I'm not sure how that'll work out given that it's coming to my condo rather than my post office box near my employer (been teleworking since March)... but that'll get sorted, I'm sure.

cataract likes this.
  20. cataract

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    Mine’s out for delivery today.. bummed about the signature thing too. Stuck @ work til 4pm lol

Fuzzbass likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021