Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Little Boy Blue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Jul 20, 2004.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    I have bought this used warmoth bass. It's a swamp ash body with quilted maple top. Birdseye maple neck and fingerboard, finished in transparent BLUE. It'a Dinky style body.

Pu are DI Marzio Ultrajazz. It is the best dounsing bass i have ever had. Wonderful. Neck is really confortable.

I am in love.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    What's with the E string being so far over? That looks like completely the wrong bridge for those pickups and that neck. String spacing doesn't seem to match in the least -- not that it's uneven, it's just way too close together. The G is perfect, the D is fine, the A is noticeably off, and the E is just ducky.

The rest of it looks great, though. I love the top -- gorgeous figuring.

EDIT: On second look, the space between the D and the G is larger than between the E and the A, and the A and the D. I'd definitely reccomend a new bridge, and a new, professionally cut nut. Something's buggy there.

EDIT: Actually, it looks like the bridge isn't at fault. Can you get a nut shot on there? From the pics here, it looks like it was cut by a monkey.

3. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Looks very nice. Are those controls just VVT?

4. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    bass is passive so controls are V,V,T-

nut was not really well made. pics were taken previously the new nut were installed. the gotoh bridge is grat but as you correctly noticed it fits not perfectly the Di Marzio string spacing. there is really no problem since the pickups are ceramic and really great capturing string moving. i can not notice diferrent volume of the different strings.

i will try by the way a different bridge too. maybe a schaller 4-string Bass Bridge 2000 which i really like.

thanks for the suggestions. i really appreciated.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i just scored used sadowsky humcancelling pickups and i will install just to see how different they sound from DiMarzio UltraJazz.

the new bridge will come maybe after summer.

i really love this bass. and i want to make some experiment...

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Nice score on the Sadowsky pickups. Definitely let me know how they sound, I've been considering getting some for my fretless. Good luck with the new bits and pieces!

7. Nice bass!

8. That is beatiful! Is there really a noticable difference between a dinky J and a regular J?

9. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    He needed the money! :bag:

10. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    it seems smaller.

[​IMG]

or ... from Warmoth site:

" Just a little more sleek in the horns and rear routed only. Still fits the standard case. Same control and rear rout options as the full size rear rout J. bass body."

11. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    ALWAYS!

12. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Hey Barroso,

Yours is REALLY nice, too! Markings on the neck & the quilt both really stand out.