1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Long enough for METAL??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Lunatic_Pandora, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Lunatic_Pandora

Lunatic_Pandora

Nov 29, 2007
    I'm the owner of a LTD F-404 FM wich is a 4 string, 35" scale bass. Ah, and NO string thru body.
    I play drop D Lamb of God, Sepultura style :bassist:

I'm thinking of replacing the strings which came with the bass with a DR Hi-Beam 45-105 set.

Do you think they're long enough for my bass?

Other brands suggestions allowed!

2. mrkreuzschlitz

mrkreuzschlitz

Jun 30, 2008
    Dacula, GA
    Drop D?
    Any normal set should do you fine I do believe.

3. krunchy bass

krunchy bass

Jul 10, 2008
    st.Anthony
    i normaly use ernie ball strings and i play lamb of god and canibal corpes but the ones i use are Hybrid Slinky Bass Nickel Wound .045 - .105 they are really nice and have a nice sound on my bass's

4. XylemBassGuitar

XylemBassGuitar Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 14, 2008
    Durango, CO
    Owner and Operator, Xylem Handmade Basses and Guitars
    Lunatic Pandora,

The DR Hi-Beams should fit your bass fine, especially since it doesn't have a string-thru bridge. Most common strings are long scale which generally means they fit 34"-35" scale lengths.

You should try out a 36-38" scale bass one of these days, you'd probably really like the sound for your style.

5. squik

squik

Oct 5, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I use Blue Steels on my 4 string which has seen drop D more then a few times. :bag:

6. whereeaglesdare

whereeaglesdare

Aug 13, 2007
    do yourself the favor and try out DR Lo-Rider stainless steel strings. if you happen to play with a pick, then you're in luck because the Lo-Riders have the best sound from a pick that i've ever heard. they sound just as great with fingers too. im sure you'll be satisfied, so give em a try