Looking for a cab to pair w/ Orange Terror Bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steelphantom, Sep 4, 2010.

1. steelphantom

steelphantom

Aug 26, 2010
    Hey guys,

Just picked up an Orange Terror bass from Lurker79 and am loving it! Thought I had a cab for it, but things didn't work out, so now I am searching for a cab to hook up to this bad boy! I am mainly on the lookout for a 4x10 cab, but I have also played the Terror Bass through the Orange SP212 and was very impressed, so I'm also considering one of the cabs from that line. My budget is max $1000, but I would like to stay under that for sure.

I am playing a 4-string Mexican Jazz Bass, and play a mixture of classic rock/oldies/country/blues/jazz and also play in musical pits from time to time.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

2. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    OBC410 sounds like a winner.

3. ivanvonloogin

ivanvonloogin

Jun 29, 2007
    Sacramento
    For the old school sound you would want a sealed cab (no port holes). But they might be somewhat difficult to find new since they don't really make them like this anymore. Go vintage.

4. I was using my Terror with an Ampeg 610hlf and it sounded good, I've since sold the ampeg but I feel I can recommend ampeg cabs with it, I'm also looking for a cab as well, I would love to run 2 orange OBC115's that would be my dream setup but I don't have the cash.

5. steelphantom

steelphantom

Aug 26, 2010
    Well guys, I just picked up a GK Neo410 on sale at GC for $500. So far I am liking it! Gonna keep it for a little before I decide what I want to do for sure.

6. I use my Orange TT with an OBC115 and an SP212 and both cabs sound great with it.