Looking for a cab to pair w/ Orange Terror Bass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steelphantom, Sep 4, 2010.

1. steelphantom

steelphantom

Aug 26, 2010
    Hey guys,

Just picked up an Orange Terror bass from Lurker79 and am loving it! Thought I had a cab for it, but things didn't work out, so now I am searching for a cab to hook up to this bad boy! I am mainly on the lookout for a 4x10 cab, but I have also played the Terror Bass through the Orange SP212 and was very impressed, so I'm also considering one of the cabs from that line. My budget is max $1000, but I would like to stay under that for sure.

I am playing a 4-string Mexican Jazz Bass, and play a mixture of classic rock/oldies/country/blues/jazz and also play in musical pits from time to time.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

2. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    OBC410 sounds like a winner.

3. ivanvonloogin

ivanvonloogin

Jun 29, 2007
    Sacramento
    For the old school sound you would want a sealed cab (no port holes). But they might be somewhat difficult to find new since they don't really make them like this anymore. Go vintage.

4. I was using my Terror with an Ampeg 610hlf and it sounded good, I've since sold the ampeg but I feel I can recommend ampeg cabs with it, I'm also looking for a cab as well, I would love to run 2 orange OBC115's that would be my dream setup but I don't have the cash.

5. steelphantom

steelphantom

Aug 26, 2010
    Well guys, I just picked up a GK Neo410 on sale at GC for $500. So far I am liking it! Gonna keep it for a little before I decide what I want to do for sure.

6. I use my Orange TT with an OBC115 and an SP212 and both cabs sound great with it.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021