1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for info on this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by camcam25796, Nov 13, 2017.

1. camcam25796

camcam25796

Mar 5, 2017
    I got given a bass to try and fix up (just needs general cleanup) and I am interested in finding out any information about it. All I have to go on is the inscription on the headstock and some numbers on the back plate connecting the neck.

Headstock: Aria Pro II The Cat Bass Series
    Neck Plate: 7031726

Any information would be appreciated, or if you could direct me to someone somewhere that can help me that would be great.

Also, there is a spot on the front where there is a significant chip into the wood. I was just wondering if anyone new how I might try repairing this?

I know it will be very difficult to colour match, as it was probably white when it was new, and now it is a creamy colour. Any ways I can restore it to white without refinishing?

Sorry if I have posted in the wrong place. Thanks in advance.

2. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Apparently, bright white finishes will turn towards a warmer/creamier color over time. I suspect refinishing is the only way to "restore" the brightness.

As far as getting any info goes, all I can say is "good luck". Some time ago, I spotted a Pro II Cat on a local Craigslist ad. I made a similar inquiry on one of the big Aria threads some time ago and no one stepped up to help. Either the info on them is incredibly scant or anyone who knew anything about them just couldn't be bothered. :bored: Hopefully, that won't be the case this time.

3. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    I have the same bass. The white has faded to cream, especially at the head stock. I modded mine with a Bass Mods 3 band EQ with passive tone. When i bought it someone had already installed a gold Schaller bridge and tuners. Mine is very weighty with a super narrow neck and has some serious thump. I believe mine was made in 86' but can't be sure. Best part is i paid $90 for it!

Attached Files:

• 006.JPG
      006.JPG
      File size:
      99.4 KB
      Views:
    • 007.JPG
      007.JPG
      File size:
      78.6 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      78 KB
      Views:
  4. Nice looking bass . Aria has made some nice stuff over the years. I personally like the way bright white finishes evolve.