1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for suggestions for another bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by two fingers, Nov 3, 2018.

1. The Rage

The Rage

Nov 12, 2013
    Another vote for used Ibanez or Spector NS2A

two fingers and funkinbottom like this.
  2. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    yep, the Retro is another I can't praise high enuf and am seriously tempted to grab the one being sold cheap locally as a 2nd for flats and other alternatives vs mine. for those who like J necks this is a dream.

two fingers and 40Hz like this.
  3. akrachanko

akrachanko Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Western Pennsylvania
    This is an easy one, at least with the experience I've had with some basses in the past, and I'm sure there are many posts I didn't read that say the exact same thing mine will.

Ibanez SR series. Necks are super thin and fast, and most, if not all, have 24 frets. Get one with the PJ config, because they're super easy to modify (Done it with a set of EMGs). I think it fits the bill perfectly. Good luck!

4. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2005
    Salem, Oregon
    As many have said, you can’t really go wrong with the SR series - I’m thinking SR800 MIJ, early 90s for good quality to price ratio!
    Someone also said Aria Integra...I will have a couple of those up for sale soon so if you’re interested keep an eye on the classifieds!

two fingers likes this.