1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Major Metal better leave while you still can!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Sep 25, 2008.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    http://www.mercedsunstar.com/275/story/460170.html

Welcome to California MM. We're sorry! :(

2. jomahu

jomahu

Dec 15, 2004
    Bos, MA
    uniforms. all the way.

cannot stress this enough.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    A dose of common sense works too!

4. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    How ridiculous. :rolleyes: Being PC has gone way overboard.

5. Red, white & blue tie-dyed fig leaves. Or burkhas(sp), or full nudity, dependant on the weather. :)

6. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Forcing kids to wear uniforms is one option, or they could revise the dress code so it is not so stupid. Promoting ones culture/ethnicity should not be deemed offensive. If I walked into that school wearing an Australian flag shirt, that doesn't mean I dislike Americans or people of any other ethnicity, I'd just be showing my roots. Nothin' wrong with that.

However shirts promoting races could cause some nasty stuff to happen.

7. i'd say depending on the girl:ninja:

8. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Yay. More dumb@$$es.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Why exactly is this news?

Rabble, rabble, rabble.....

10. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    Since the Asst. Principal seems to have such an issue with the US, I've got a few ideas for nations where we can send her to live...

-Mark

11. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    It went way overboard in our schools here a number of years ago, at least now we're starting to see some backlash.

12. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    Instead of teaching everyone how not to offend others, how about we teach everyone how to get over themselves?

13. i thought you were gonna type, lets teach everyone how to offend others:D

14. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Power to the people! :D (obviously not the nutty PC ones)

15. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Good plan.

Not that it matters all that much, but Dos Palos is a tiny little town in a very rural area of Central California (my company built the swimming pool at Dos Palos High School a couple of years ago). The folks of Dos Palos need to make quite a fuss for anyone to even notice they exist. I guess they did it this time.

16. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    I agree, but lets not spend too much on it, I'd say we use a catapult to send 'em packing!

about the uniforms, there is no proven facts that it helps student conduct.
    What's good for the Group isn't good for the Individual.

I'm still waiting for California to break off and sink into the ocean.

17. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Merced county is kinda off. I have had nothing but bad experiences in Merced Co.

EDIT: My old college roommate was the music teacher at Dos Palos HS. He hated it, they react before thinking a lot.

18. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I went to a non-uniformed school and we were as well behaved and disciplined as any other uniformed school.

19. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Apologizing is the typical response after being caught. It seems that saying "I'm sorry" makes it okay to be stupid these days.
    They threw common sense out of the door and went out of their way to be offended and they won't even admit that after they were called out. They'd rather rely on a weak "misinterpreted" excuse to justify their actions. In my line of work I call BS when I see BS. Tell me exactly what you did and what you were thinking and I'll let you off easier. In this case tell me you had a moment of stupidity, arrogance and a general feeling of being unpatriotic and I will admire you for owing up.

Pity that these adults are responsible for shaping tomorrow's youth. They will mold them to be as weak as they are.

20. You should have seen my high school campus. We had, uh.....some issues.

Mike