Many Thanks to the Moderators!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rich_Briere, Apr 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rich_Briere

Rich_Briere

Jul 31, 2003
    As many of you know, as a Bass Player ages, her/his mind simply slips, away....bit by bit.

First sign that we're shot is when we need to read lyrics or "chords" to tunes we've played thousands of times off of music stands or, now, "electronic devices", cuz the Brain matter/memory no longer functions as it once did.

Then we trade in the Monster amps with 4 8x10 cabs and two 90 pound tube heads for a single 10" combo with a "line out" cuz moving that stuff is no longer fun and we can no longer afford to buy good gear cuz we play for "Tips" instead of getting paid.

The final step takes place when we begin selling our favorite BASSES....not because we don't love them anymore, but because they're simply too heavy.

I left TalkBass and another Bass Place...the "Bass Outpost" I believe it was called .....somewhere around 2001......and it appears I came back to TB for a few weeks in 2014, then left again. Much has changed. There is one constant which I'd like to address however. The Moderators seem somehow nicer now. It might be just me....but I had a problem with my account and one of the mods put me back in business in a day!! I'm mighty impressed.....and Grateful.

Talkbass is still here after all these years and nobody posts pics of their Dinner, their pets or their kids. All of those things are pleasing to me. I have much to catch up on......and I appreciate the Opportunity to do so....an Opportunity in place because the Mods keep things moving as they should.....a Laxative for the Thought Process if you would.

Bass-ically Yours,
    RB

Attached Files:

2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Firstly, welcome back...glad you got the name thing sorted.

Secondly...and I hate to mention it, but...
    Stay away from the Off-Topic forum, is my advice.:)

JRA, MattZilla, hrodbert696 and 2 others like this.
  3. Rich_Briere

Rich_Briere

Jul 31, 2003

Dinners? or Children? :)

Oddly likes this.
  4. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    It was mainly the pets, actually.
    I will plead guilty to posting the occasional food shot...and I've learned that if ever you have a cooking question, it'll get answered here.
    In fact, that seems to go for pretty much any question.:D

MattZilla, Stumbo and R Briere like this.
  5. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    Welcome Back!

Good luck with the rest of all that.:)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    JRA likes this.
  6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Glad you were able to get everything sorted out

7. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    You'll have to beware of dinner shots in the gig stories, as well. :D dbase kinda makes a fuss when folks don't.

He also claims to want pictures of immature chickens, but appears to be satisfied with pictures of human females. :roflmao:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    MattZilla and Oddly like this.
  8. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Because if there’s anything better than seeing a picture of someone experiencing grilled romaine lettuce for the first time just before their gig starts, then tell me what it is because I haven’t seen it!

9. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Welcome back, my friend!

10. dan1952

dan1952 Commercial User

Jun 27, 2012
    Anderson IN
    Artist Endorsement with Supro Huntington Basses / Owner, Dan's Music, Inc..
    Welcome back!

11. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Glad you got it sorted, Rich.. Hate to see you'd gone the way of Sunn!

12. Robert B

Robert B Somewhere under the rainbow Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2000
    Rittman, OH, USA
    I remember you, Rich. Welcome back!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021