1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mark Bass Synth VS. Source Audio Envelope Pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RaunchMister, Jun 11, 2014.

1. I am looking into both and wondering which has more attack and response. what do yall think? I have never played either.

2. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    SA has a synth pedal?

3. Yeah man check it out!

4. I'd go with the mark bass, because it exists. SA synth is rumored to be in the pipeline, but won't see the light of day for a while.

5. my bad I miss took the envelope pro for a synth but yeah between those 2 lol

6. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Granny Smiths. Definitely go with the Granny Smiths over the Mandarins.

sillyfabe likes this.
  7. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Do you want a synth or an envelope filter? They're pretty different effects.

8. FilterFunk

FilterFunk Everything is on the ONE! Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2010
    I'm guessing the SA Manta will get you closer to synthy stuff with its built-in dirt.

9. Yeah I really up in the air about it I know they will both be awesome but im wondering if they are equal to each other in quality. the synths that I have played can emulate pretty close to a filter but I guess its just what I want more, Quacking or more distorted synth tones.

10. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    Markbass is huge. It has many minuses. But it sounds very juicy. And... without Hot Hand S-audio is a junk. I have tried a lot of their stuff. Funny, but plastic. For tasters.

11. What is Hot Hand S-audio?

12. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    The Markbass doesn't have any expression input of any sort. I think he is saying that the Hot Hand 3 is the only good thing about Source Audio, which I and many others would disagree with.

13. This thread is misguided. The MarkBass synth and SourceAudio BEF do completely different things.

Whether sourceaudio can make quality sounds without the hothand is a matter of preference. They're not junk in my eyes, rather the most flexible and affordable high end pedals on the market.

The enclosure of the BEF Pro is plastic, the guts are digital, the tones are magical.

yaksonator, sillyfabe and Adamixoye like this.
  14. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    notsureifserious.

Adamixoye likes this.
  15. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    I am serious. Plastic junk.

16. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    The newer ones are literally not plastic. FYI.

17. Driven Crane

Driven Crane

May 30, 2014
    I'll check it out. I want to be wrong. But I still remember my disappoint with multiwave distortion, tri-wah and some others.

18. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    By "newer ones" I mean the Soundblox 2 series. The original Soundblox and Soundblox Pro series are still plastic, though I've never heard of anyone saying they've broken. Plastic pedals don't bother me anyway, I've never broken one.

I only have a Manta and some of their expression stuff (HH3, Dual Expression Pedal) so I'm not going to tell you you're wrong on the other stuff based on first hand experience. I think the Multiwave Distortion is just a completely different animal than anything on the market, and a lot of people don't understand it. It's not a traditional distortion, you're not going to get traditional distortion tones out of that. Maybe you understood that, maybe you didn't, but a lot of people complain about that pedal without realize understanding what it's supposed to be. I can't speak to the Tri-Wah and I would be interested in hearing the other ones you thought were bad.