Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Marshall question!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheChariot, Jun 28, 2005.

1. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Alright... this definately isnt a bass amp situation here.... but I really need to know this. :ninja:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7330607297&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEDW:IT&rd=1

Can anyone tell me, based on those 2 pictures.... if that is a 100Watt head or 50Watt model. My guitar player said that Marshall made 50Watt models of the JCM 800, and he cant tell if that's the 100Watt or 50Watt.

I see 3 rectifiers(?) I believe.... so that leads me to think its a 100Watt head. Also, I have never seen a 50Watt JCM 800.

If anyone can gimme s'more concrete facts, I'd be EVER so happy :D

2. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    Why don't you ask the seller?

3. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    I sent him a question, but I only have till 3PM before the offer dissipates, and I cant be sure if he will respond in time.

You never know on eBay unfortunately. :meh:

4. 8mmOD

8mmOD

Mar 20, 2005
    USA
    I endorse & use Tech 21 pedals, Eminence loaded cabs, EMG pickups, Jim Dunlop picks & Ernie Ball Strings, BC Rich Basses.
    you meant 3AM... go to bed for gods sake! The winning bidder has a -2 feedback rating... sucks to be an ebay seller.

5. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    No... 3PM... like 12 hours :p

Its not like I sleep really long..... I get my 8 hours. Just happens to be from 3AM - 11PM :smug:

G'night TB :cool:

6. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    My guitar player owned a 50 watt JCM 800 about 15 years ago.

7. DaveMcLain

DaveMcLain

Jun 19, 2005
    Cuba MO
    Without a model number, picture of the top of the case or a picture of the chassis it's tough to tell a 100 from a 50 watt on the outside. The 100's have vents on the top, the 50 watt does not. The 50 watter has only 2 output tubes, the 100 has 4. Many JCM 800's have the 6550 output tubes but not all of them do, some use EL34's. I do know that's a later version of the JCM800 master volume lead head because the input jacks are horizontal instead of being verically mounted as in the older amps. In this version the pots and jacks are made into the circuit board instead of being chassis mounted and then wired to the seperate circuit board.

Many folks don't know that the JCM 800 amp circuits are IDENTICAL to the earlier amps including the 4 input 50 and 100 watt non master volume amps, Super Lead etc.

8. TheChariot

TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA

Yeah see I knew about the output tubes, I just couldnt friggon see good enough to count them. I dunno how people expect to make a sale on eBay for something that expensive with only 2 pictures. :meh:

It turned out to be 50Watts.

9. correct me if im wrong, but thats 16 hours :p

10. DaveMcLain

DaveMcLain

Jun 19, 2005
    Cuba MO
    That Marshall looked nice, I can't believe the price those bring these days. Some folks say that the older JCM800 with the vertical inputs is more desireable. I think a lot of the later ones had a slightly different power supply that did not use a choke but a resistor instead..