Master of Puppets - Metallica

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Jamey Pittman, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jamey Pittman

Jamey Pittman

Jan 14, 2016
    Contains both standard and TAB notation (see attached PDF). Several of Cliff Burton's isolated bass tracks (including this one) were released by Metallica for their Guitar Hero: Metallica video game and have since been uploaded to YouTube, making my transcription task much easier when it comes to achieving a high degree of accuracy.

Any bass TAB I've ever seen for this song gets many parts quite wrong, usually because they simply copy the rhythm guitar riffs and assume that's all there is to it. The majority of these bad transcriptions were probably created before the isolated bass tracks were available, but I've never seen one that faithfully represents exactly what Cliff played in the studio. This one does.

Here's Cliff's isolated track for reference:

Enjoy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    JulienP., basslicks, MJS7101 and 2 others like this.
  2. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

thank-you-clothesline-752x483.jpg

MJS7101 and Jamey Pittman like this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021