Mesa Titan V12 Foot Switch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by villegastx, Mar 12, 2021.

1. villegastx

villegastx

Jul 22, 2016
    garland texas
    Does anybody have schematics of a mesa titan v12? Or csn you upload a ton of clear pictures? I think it is a 5 buttons with a 7 pin midi connection. Also need to see resistor values if used.
    Thanks guys. I has beed unable to find a used pedal and mesa dont sell them anymore

2. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    The cable is an 8 Pin DIN. AFAIK the cable is still available: Cable - 8 Pin Din, Male/Male - 25 ft.

The FS has 7 LEDs so my guess is all 8 wires are used.

[​IMG]

You can use a bunch of individual foot-switches as well. These eight 1/4" jacks are referred to as function jacks in the manual.
    upload_2021-3-12_16-43-22.png

From the manual:
    The eight jacks on the TITAN respond to tip-to-ground “latching type” logic which is a common language to most master switching devices on the market.​

I would be surprised if the Footswitch works any different than the function switches. So, AFAIK, the resistors will be determined by the characteristics of the LEDs you use and the voltage supplied at the terminals of the foot-switch jack.

This may give you a hint for the OD, Solo, and Mute functions.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCO19yD3z5Ff14MYEtDQTlzaUbZd2Mfa7a2w&usqp=CAU.jpg

Obviously the A/B In and Channel 1/2 selectors would need a different type of circuit, but I would expect the limiting resistor to be the same value for all circuits.

Since the product is discontinued, I would call Mesa and ask if they can provide guidance or schematics of the foot-switch. I believe you will need to leave a message for a call back.

Good luck!

3. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Give customer service a call, they may have some options available. It's possible that something from the guitar amp side might work, but I don't know this for sure.

Wasnex likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021