Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mike Kroeger

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yup, I'm a Nickelback fan(flame me :bag: ). Anyone like Nickelback? I think Mike is a pretty koolio bassist. :)

2. ummm.......i'll get the fire extenguisher ready!

3. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    He does an awesome job of playing that one song the play...over.....and over....and over.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    He does a great job of accumulating endorsements.

There. I did it. I lived by the "if you can't say something nice...." rule.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    He said 'koolio' ....k

Uh, Kroeger... uhh

he's..better, than... Fieldy, i guess.

K.

6. Anyone ever heard the song 'Diggin' This'? I know some bassists on here would play it with their cock, but it's a nice good bassline, with some seriously funky slapping and popping, and then there's 'Never Again', that song jsut growls. And as for him building up endorsments, you're right, he should have stuck with warwick in my opinion. And Nickelback don't play the same tune over and over, just listen to the albums, not the singles, and you'll see what I mean.

7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Watch your language buddy.

He's alright, but nothing special.

8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Too bad had a good bassline, very simple, but it had a slight autowah to it or something of that nature, it sounded really good.

He do what he do.

9. Funny you say that, cuz I don't like the Too Bad bassline too much, it's a bit too over effected, but that main riff in the chorus just pummels away. And sorry about my language, it just sounds good.

10. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Their stuff mostly sounds the same :-\.. It's like Creed minus the ex lead singer thinking he's some jesus-man.

11. No it doesn't! Not one song on SSU sounds like ther song before it. They all be different.

12. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    He wears cool hats and plays nice basses, but things drop off sharply from there.

13. I knew people woudl slate him jsut cuz he ain't flashy.

14. Kavorka

Kavorka

Mar 28, 2002
    Austin, Texas
    I don't think anyone slammed him for not being flashy. He does a fine job with Nickelback. Its just that their songs sound too much alike (and yes, I have listened to their albums).

15. I think they sound nothing alike but hey, people don't share the same set of ears I suppose. What is everyone's fave nickelback song?(if you have one).

16. YYZ...Oops! Wrong thread... :bassist:

17. nic eeeell baaaaaaaaaackkkkkk ??????

What is this abomination you speak of??

18. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    This thread was good for a few laughs.

Nickelback sounds the same to me too, so that's the majority at the moment it seems.

19. Now really son, are you sure that theyre not selling you a My Morning Jacket cd disguised as NickelBack, over there in jolly ole england???

20. The best running back backfield combo was

Jimmy Taylor at Fullback

Paul Hornung at Halfback.

The 1962 Packers kicked everyone's ass. All the way to New York!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.