Modding your SX basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mini455, Jan 30, 2009.

1. mini455

mini455

Apr 1, 2008
    Hello all SXers, I ran across a site that has the exact tuners for our 4 string P-basses and jazzes, they have black,chrome,& gold in both the deluxe and clover flat style, they have 4 string bridges in all colors also, hope this helps in your modding before the UGLY NEW ( PEAVEY LOOKING HEADSTOCKS) come out. www.choppersmusic.com LATER ALL:hyper::hyper::hyper::bassist::bassist:

2. Anybody know about this place? Pretty much all of the gear is no-name, which isn't necessarily bad...but aside from certain stuff (piezo bridges?!), I don't see much you couldn't get from guitarfetish.

3. jkramer5

jkramer5

Jul 14, 2008
    Fairfield, CA
    I bought a pickguard from choppers thru thier ebay store. Since they are in Canada, the shipping is quite long to the US. I got an email on Jan 14th stating it had been shipped and it's not here yet. Could take up to 14 business days according to them. It took them over a week to even ship it. I won the auction around Jan 4th.

4. Is it just me, or does this thread look a lot like a shameless commercial plug?

Bill

5. Jim C

Jim C I believe in the trilogy; Fender, Stingray, + G&L Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Their heavy duty 4 screw mount bridge for $20 is great

6. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

This assumes that everyone wants to mod their SX. Also that no one will like the new headstocks.

7. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra

Feb 26, 2008
    Portland, OR

Yeah, I got their high mass bridge through ebay. It was a great replacement for my Fender Jazz's bridge.

8. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    I very much prefer the new design to the 'hook. :spit:

9. jkramer5

jkramer5

Jul 14, 2008
    Fairfield, CA
    It's just you. I posted 3rd and didn't like them. The guy above me said there's nothing they have you can't get elsewhere.

10. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    I bought a bridge through choppers once via ebay. I've got no problems with them...

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021