1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

modern sounding jj config bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by natas, Nov 3, 2013.

1. natas

natas

Mar 14, 2013
    hi guys! do you happen to have videos or soud clips of j-j configured bass with a modern sounding tone?
    i would greatly appreciate it if you post it here.thanks!

2. natas

natas

Mar 14, 2013
    i wonder how they sound with pre-amp on... the marlowedk signature sounded good too..
    and the carvin sb5000!

3. natas

natas

Mar 14, 2013
    more inputs please..active electronics,will it get other sound aside from a fender deluxe sound?

4. Lalo Garcia

Lalo Garcia Banned

Feb 19, 2011
    This is a 2001 Spector NS-2J; bolt-on, EMG j pickups and gloss finish.
    I ordered this bass with an ash body and a maple board, so it's custom; it was later upgraded with a 3 band Glockenklang preamp and a brass hipshot bridge inststead of the aluminun one in this video; and now it Sounds MUCH better.
    I hope you like the bass solo which is towards the end of the video
    Cheers

5. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    My suggestion was going to be the Spector also.

6. Lalo Garcia

Lalo Garcia Banned

Feb 19, 2011
  7. natas

natas

Mar 14, 2013
    nice bass and nice solo.any jj bass that sounds close to a trbjp2?

8. Lalo Garcia

Lalo Garcia Banned

Feb 19, 2011
    hi
    I just found another bass solo of me playing with a Spector JJ bass; this bass looks like it has soapbars, but under those EMG Boxes, there are 2 EMG 35J active pickups. The bass came originally with 2 EMG 35 DC pickups, but I swaped them for 2 EMG 35J ; so eventhough it does not look like JJ pickups, in reality it is a double J configuration. Here the bass is isolated more, so you will be able to hear it better, eventhough the amp I used that day is not the best, the sound came through ok. I hope you like it; I would say Spector abd Sadowskys with EMG JJ should give you the tone you want. This bass is Neckthrough, the one on the previous video was a Bolt-On. Bass solo starts one minute and fifty seconds into the song and is quite long.
    Cheers

9. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
  10. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
  11. elBandito

elBandito

Dec 3, 2008
    Rotten Apple
    sadowsky

12. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
  13. All of my warwicks except the FNA were JJ. They all sounded pretty modern to me. I've gotten away from modern tones though lately and have been going for more of an old school vibe.

14. natas

natas

Mar 14, 2013
    nice sounding pickups basswave..i like the nordy's

15. LakeEffect

LakeEffect

Feb 21, 2013
    Denver
    Sadowsky RV

16. natas

natas

Mar 14, 2013
  17. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Thanks.
    The Nordstrand loaded basses have Audere Pres and Dimarzio has a Nordstrand Pre.

18. natas

natas

Mar 14, 2013
    oh dear! audere!

19. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I forgot the name of it, but Yamaha has a nice high end model with J/J pickups that has gotten great reviews. I hope somebody will name it.