1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modulus Mob

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Direct Box Rox

Direct Box Rox Silence = Deaf

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    If I were you - I'd scoop one up if possible. I'd been wanting one since the early 90's but ended up getting two Zon's (which I love). Then around 2009 or so - I finally placed an order for just a Modulus stand alone neck (made to order). But this was the exact time that Modulus started having problems and went out of business - so Bass Northwest (the store I placed the order through) gave me my money back. It wasn't until about a month ago that I finally picked up a used VJ model. I wish I had gotten one sooner - what a great bass!

2. KoaFodera

KoaFodera Commercial User

Jan 22, 2005
    Guelph, ON, Canada
    Owner, Ultimate Basses
    This beauty is an amazing bass. Thanks to Tony at Modulus for making this happen.

The Quantum 5 has the following spec's. Alder body, Walnut top, Chechen f/b, 34" scale 26 fret neck, E - C, Aguilar DCB's and OBP-3 preamp. Amazing upper register clarity and warmth. Just loving the super fast carbon fiber neck.

Modulus 5.

3. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Great bass, enjoy it!

bassmike2010 likes this.
  4. bassmike2010

bassmike2010

May 28, 2010
    Houston
    That's an absolutely outstanding bass. Would love to hear a sound clip
    from it or similar- Aguilarly speaking. Which seems to be a reoccurring theme:

91FyH3uxWXL__SY500_.
    Know thyself.

iriegnome likes this.
  5. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Hey folks, I have a shot a bass that I have been wanting for awhile (a Jerzy Drozd) and so the bass that I have bonded with the least is the one that is going to go... I would be glad to give one of you dibs + a little better price than what is in my classified ad. I just want this bass to go to a good home si this seems like the place to find it’s forever home.

6. I gave the guy all the info he needed on this and the custom white neck q5 he has too. Told him it was a vertex model and all that. Price for the q5 was unreasonable unless you’re obsessed with David ellefson.

Direct Box Rox and iriegnome like this.
  7. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    There’s another one on there too, a Q5 that he claims was used from 97-2000 even though the serial # is a 2001... :rollno:

iriegnome likes this.
  8. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Speaking of David Ellefson, I sent him an email back in 1995 and he replied back to me. I asked him what gear he was using on stage including some type of weird pedal contraption that I never saw before. He was nice enough to write me a detailed explanation. Face to face when I met him I jokingly asked if I could have one of his Moduli. He smiled & said something like "Hey, c'mon man - I have to pay for those things!" :)

Fred312b, iriegnome and bassmike2010 like this.
  9. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    While we are on the subject of Dave Ellefson & Modulus....:)

10. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Other side note; only met the band (Megadeth) once and spent a minute or two talking to each individual member. 3 of them were super cool including Nick Menza (RIP). They even thanked me for my military service and seemed intrigued & concerned about the kind of plane I flew in, the missions we flew etc. One member was a total D**K. Any guesses?

Fred312b likes this.
  11. yodasfro

yodasfro

Aug 31, 2015
    CT
  12. DougalPye

DougalPye

Sep 28, 2018
    Pgh, PA
    bassmike2010 likes this.
  13. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Wow, that Bee/GGS 7-string is pretty sexy...and the price is right. Damn you TB, why did I click on that link!?!?!

btw, I played a fretless 7-string Conklin once many years ago, and there was something almost laughably appealing about the sound of that high F string getting some "mwah" on melodies. Almost sounded like a sitar.

bassmike2010 likes this.
  14. KoaFodera

Jan 22, 2005
    Guelph, ON, Canada
    Owner, Ultimate Basses
    Jason Raso pulled out his Motown T-shirt and came up with this rendition of the classic 1965 hit, "The Tracks Of My Tears" by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles.

He likes this bass so much, he's reluctant to part with it. "It records like a dream and sounds awesome."

Direct Box Rox likes this.
  15. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Are we still issuing new Modulus Mob club members numbers?

16. KoaFodera

Jan 22, 2005
    Guelph, ON, Canada
    Owner, Ultimate Basses
    Put me down for a # please if this is still the case.

Direct Box Rox likes this.
  17. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
  18. Modulus 96

Modulus 96

Jun 10, 2018
    Let's see yer bass!!!

Bob_Ross and Fred312b like this.
  19. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Me too please :)

IMG-3922.JPG IMG-3918. IMG-3914. modulus.

iriegnome and bassmike2010 like this.