1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Modulus Q5 truss rod repair

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by spectorj, Feb 13, 2017.

1. spectorj

spectorj Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2005
    Columbia, S.C.
    Hi Talkbass,
    I recently received this q5 and noticed that the truss rod nut was broken. Can anyone recommend somebody I could get in touch with to get this repaired? Thanks

2. g4string

g4string

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    yes........this guy.

Graphite Guitar Systems
    13043 195th. Ave SW
    Oakville, WA 98568
    360-273-7744 (week days 8-5)

spectorj likes this.
  3. spectorj

Jun 12, 2005
    Columbia, S.C.
    Thank you!

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Broken how?

BTW, how ya been?!?

Riis

5. spectorj

Jun 12, 2005
    Columbia, S.C.
    Hi Riis,
    It is good to hear from you. The truss rod nut just spins. Nothing happens either way you turn the nut. I hope you have been well.

James

6. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Can't remember if that particular truss relief system has a "neutral" zone where it turns easily when not under tension. Hope you get it sorted out!

Riis

7. JFMusic

JFMusic

Dec 14, 2011
    Plymouth, MA
    Yes, there's definitely a neutral zone where it will easily move in either direction and feel a bit loose. OP, how much are you able to "spin" the adjustment - is it just a bit, or is it turning and turning? If it's the latter, Jerry is a great resource.

Zooberwerx likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021